Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Jepp Charts integration.

Author
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
aelkaim - 10/31/2021 4:59:39 PM
That’s extremely interesting. Do you mean more people expressing their interest here ?

yes - enough people expressing interest here to make it worthwhile for the SD team to invest in building the integration
but i fear the hard bit is enough people proving to Boeing that they'd lose customers who would prefer to stick with SD and no Jepp plates versus have Jepp plates but use FF/GP 

lhe
lhe
Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)
marioair - 10/31/2021 5:15:02 PM
aelkaim - 10/31/2021 4:59:39 PM
That’s extremely interesting. Do you mean more people expressing their interest here ?

yes - enough people expressing interest here to make it worthwhile for the SD team to invest in building the integration
but i fear the hard bit is enough people proving to Boeing that they'd lose customers who would prefer to stick with SD and no Jepp plates versus have Jepp plates but use FF/GP 

I will almost certainly give up on Jeppesen next year and use SD+AIP plates. That is, unless SD strikes a deal with Boeing. I would also be prepared to pay extra to SD.

Edited 10/31/2021 5:42:47 PM by lhe
DavidC
DavidC
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
I have had a plates subscription using JeppView for several years now and due for renewal next month. Given that JeppView isn't supported after June, I will not be renewing and frankly Jepp continues to be a nightmare to do business with anyway.

I may have to consider ForeFlight but much prefer SkyDemon for many reasons. 

As an instrument rating instructor, my preferences inevitably affect those of my students although they can and do make their own choices.

Here's hoping that Tim and the SD team can come up with something useful.

--- CPL/IR/FI based in South of England
marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
DavidC - 11/2/2021 11:12:24 AM
I have had a plates subscription using JeppView for several years now and due for renewal next month. Given that JeppView isn't supported after June, I will not be renewing and frankly Jepp continues to be a nightmare to do business with anyway.

I may have to consider ForeFlight but much prefer SkyDemon for many reasons. 

As an instrument rating instructor, my preferences inevitably affect those of my students although they can and do make their own choices.

Here's hoping that Tim and the SD team can come up with something useful.

I've checked with Boeing/Jepp and they;ve said they'll refund from the point JeppMFD is no longer updatable - if that helps. 

Frans
Frans
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Currently, I'm using SD + AIP plates of local countries, but I would also think of an additional Jeppesen subscription, if the Bottlang VFR plates become available in Skydemon.

Airways
A
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
I'd rather see Skydemon talk to these guys.   Time to get some competition.
FLATDOGPILOT
F
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Airways - 11/12/2021 8:31:10 AM
I'd rather see Skydemon talk to these guys.   Time to get some competition.

Why on earth aren't Boeing etc talking to Garmin I wonder? Surely it makes sense for the corporates to talk to each other. Integrating a more user friendly base utilising Jepp structure and SD superior customer support and product would be the ideal package. Garmin leads the field in most GA Avionics here in Africa and we would love it if SD and Garmin could share platforms and make a much more cost effective IF/VFR package appeal to Charter and private operators.
   Elon Musk has recognised the value of cost effective satellite system with a broader reach; Boeing /Jepp/ Garmin somehow missed the boat a bit on this one!

ArnaudC
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
marioair - 6/29/2021 10:04:14 AM
I’ve long held the view that if SD integrated with Jepp and Autoroute, that’s all they’d need to have a complete EFB for light GA in Europe

I am completely with you on this one.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search