Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

VR comes to MSFS 2020. Please be part of it.

Author
m
Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I am aware of multiple topics regarding integration with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, and I am already using the "MSFS Bridge" utility for connection.
Nevertheless, I still would like to ask developers to reconsider the approach and stop ignoring it.
MSFS became a great tool for training and preparing VFR flights before jumping into the real airplane.
Similarly, as we use tablets in real airplanes, new apps become available in VR.

I wanted to post pictures, but it didn't work for me, so here are examples:
https://flightsim.to/file/4429/vfr-map-enhanced

SkyDemon's primary target group is VFR pilots. MSFS 2020 primary target group is also VFR pilots by its nature (the first sim with the whole planet done... almost).
Some people already created FREE maps for MSFS 2020 in VR, just for fun. I am sure programmers of the most popular flight navigation app in Europe can develop a native plugin.

Danger Mouse68
D
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Hi all
This is a great part to get into. I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to get different programs to do the same thing i had while using SkyDemon before MSFS 2020 opened our eyes with VR in flight ( never going back.) Like Meyer said. This would be a great platform to really show off this amazing program, as this was the only software i used for all my VFR flying, and got a lot of my friends to look into it.
Sadly i had to stop using skydemon as i only fly in VR, hence had to look elsewhere for a VFR moving and most importantly; a moving map that you can interact with while flying in Vr. 
Please please the powers at be, bring it into MSFS 2020 with a working UI in vr. Would be more than happy to start up my subscription again for the best performing and looking VFR tool.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I'm afraid I really don't understand the request. Do you want to be able to look at a "SkyDemon" screen inside the virtual reality cockpit you're "flying" in a simulator?
Raptronix
R
Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/1/2021 2:52:13 PM
I'm afraid I really don't understand the request. Do you want to be able to look at a "SkyDemon" screen inside the virtual reality cockpit you're "flying" in a simulator?

Yes, I have there request for exactly this, to be able to have an interactive Sky Demon window that I can control in VR, exactly as you would in real life.
Raptronix
R
Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)
Raptronix - 2/8/2021 3:10:19 PM

Yes, I have there request for exactly this, to be able to have an interactive Sky Demon window that I can control in VR, exactly as you would in real life.

As an idea of the type of this I mean, and to show its possible please see: https://github.com/Christian1984/vfrmap-for-vr

The_papy
T
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Raptronix - 2/10/2021 10:24:28 AM

As an idea of the type of this I mean, and to show its possible please see: https://github.com/Christian1984/vfrmap-for-vr

Simple : 
First use iPad solution for better performance in vr
2: I use reflector 3 for connect iPad to pc 
3 : use ovr tool kit in steam and it’s great 

But plz need skydemon export flight plan in pln format for msfs 

Raptronix
R
The_papy - 2/17/2021 10:33:30 PM
Raptronix - 2/10/2021 10:24:28 AM

Simple : 
First use iPad solution for better performance in vr
2: I use reflector 3 for connect iPad to pc 
3 : use ovr tool kit in steam and it’s great 

But plz need skydemon export flight plan in pln format for msfs 

I’ve just installed it to give it a try. Unless I’m missing something reflector shows the screen, but it is not interactive/clickable?

Tom1969
T
Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)
I think we have never to forget that this is an software for real flight navigation an the main focus is to set to the development ! 
This software is not planned for gamer ;-)

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
I have to say that I agree with this sentiment. Every step increase in functionality represents a number of risks in stability, complexity, support and ease of use.

It is Tim’s business and he can take in the direction he wishes, but I would rather hope his team continue to spend their time on improvements for the core market of real flyers who need a comprehensive, stable and well supported product.
meyer
m
Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)
Tom1969 - 2/20/2021 11:12:07 AM
I think we have never to forget that this is an software for real flight navigation an the main focus is to set to the development ! 
This software is not planned for gamer ;-)

I am a real-life pilot and I am planning all my long trips using flight simulators. I would also like to remind you that Skydemon is supporting X-Plane for the same reason (as simulators are not really "games" - I guess they are too boring for gamers). I used X-Plane for years but in 2021 there is no reason for it as MSFS is better in all (okay, almost all aspects) of VFR flying.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search