Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

VR comes to MSFS 2020. Please be part of it.

Author
L
Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Most work is already done. SD works fine in sim. What we ask for is the possibility to use it on VR.
Laponia
L
Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)
It is so easy to connect msfs2020 and SD using "msfs Bridge" and it works so well. I really hope we can use it in VR soon. Is it being worked on?
rv8ch
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)
I have a VR sim that is an excellent training device.  I have not tried to use SD in the sim mainly because I don't fly x-country flights in my sim, I use it for other things.

One of the reasons that SD is great is because pilots give feedback about new features that they would like to see, and that Tim and co have the financial means to continue developing the product.

I think expanding into the VR sim world would help both of these area - more pilots using the product, and more licenses sold.

If you have not experienced a VR sim, give it a try, I think you will quickly see that it can be very useful for fun and for learning.

Here's an old post describing my sim, which is getting a little dated.  http://www.rv8.ch/vr-flight-simulator/

OrtiMai
O
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)
As far, as I can interpret the e-mail response that I got, it's not being worked on at the moment. Which is really sad, because many MSFS useres fly VFR flights VR and SkyDemon is THE tool to navigate in the air and do flight plannings.

Please review this again, SD-team!

A VR ingame panel, just like the PMS50-team did for the Garmin GTN750 would be so great and we all know, that it's definitly possible to accomplish that.

Please put it on your dev.-roadmap

OrtiMai
O
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)
Did you guys recognise, that SkyDemon is possible in MSFS as an ingame panel now?

1. Update your System on 22H2 (Win11) - that absolutley mandatory for what comes next.
2. Install "Windows Subsystem for Android"
3. Reboot at least 1 time - bette 2 times
4. Go to the settings section of the "Windows Subsystem for Android" --> Developer mode --> switch it on
5. Install WSATools via MS App Store
6. Download SkyDemon APK
7. Install APK with WSATools (just follow the WSA instruction) - you need to let WSA install adb
8. Buy FSDesktop (https://fsdesktop.com/)
9. Launch and activate FSDesktop application
10. Launch SkyDemon Android application in the subsystem
11. Get Xmapsy and set it on GDS90 - run it
12. Launch the Sim
13. On an airfield, open the FSDesktop ingamel panel and choose Skydemon to be shown
14. Set image quality high and frame rate high (@ the bottom of the ingame panel)

Caution: Please follow Christians guide on github (https://github.com/Christian1984/fsdesktop/). Use MSFS in windowed mode and place the window, that you want to show visible next to it. Then, even in VR mode, buttons are klickable. Be aware, that drag and drop support will follow later, same with right klick.

Works in 2D like a charm - as well as in VR mode!  I'm just at the beginning of trying it out. Thus, it's a matter of time for the next steps. Plus, the dev of FSDesktop (Chris from Cologne in Germany is very supportive).

Edited 12/22/2022 8:11:44 PM by OrtiMai
rv8ch
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)
OrtiMai - 12/22/2022 6:12:19 PM
Did you guys recognise, that SkyDemon is possible in MSFS as an ingame panel now?

1. Update your System on 22H2 (Win11) - that absolutley mandatory for what comes next.
4. Go to the settings section of the "Windows Subsystem for Android" --> Developer mode --> switch it on
6. Download SkyDemon APK
7. Install APK with WSATools (just follow the WSA instruction) - you need to let WSA install adb
12. Launch the Sim
13. On an airfield, open the FSDesktop ingamel panel and choose Skydemon to be shown
14. Set image quality high and frame rate high (@ the bottom of the ingame panel)

Works in 2D like a charm - in VR mode, I can't interact with the app. But I'm just at the beginning of trying it out. Thus, it's a matter of time. Plus, the dev of FSDesktop (Chris from Cologne in Germany is very supportive).

Impressive work!  I admire your persistence in making this work - please keep us posted!
OrtiMai
O
rv8ch - 12/22/2022 8:10:55 PM
OrtiMai - 12/22/2022 6:12:19 PM

6. Download SkyDemon APK
12. Launch the Sim

Works in 2D like a charm - in VR mode, I can't interact with the app. But I'm just at the beginning of trying it out. Thus, it's a matter of time. Plus, the dev of FSDesktop (Chris from Cologne in Germany is very supportive).

Impressive work!  I admire your persistence in making this work - please keep us posted!

I will! It's passion in this. And Christian work is just amazing. I'm just the nerdy user.

KimW
K
Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)
Personally I use SD on Android and use MSFSBridge to connect to Skydemon and that emulates the setup I have in air, which is exactly what I want. 

While I have no interest in using Skydemon in MSFS as you do, and I suspect Skydemon team is rightly focused on pilot real life usage only, at least that is what I would expect and prefer, it always amazes me how creative people get with SIM and I salute it.

OrtiMai
O
KimW - 12/23/2022 5:26:09 PM
Personally I use SD on Android and use MSFSBridge to connect to Skydemon and that emulates the setup I have in air, which is exactly what I want. 

While I have no interest in using Skydemon in MSFS as you do, and I suspect Skydemon team is rightly focused on pilot real life usage only, at least that is what I would expect and prefer, it always amazes me how creative people get with SIM and I salute it.

Thats true. For me, using SkyDemon in VR is a game changer. It's now just like flying in real life. (A 4DOF would be a next project, but this has time.)

OrtiMai
O
If you want to save some energy in VR, one can buy a HDMI or DP headless ghost dongle. Then, the main screen can get switched off.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search