Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon & connection to MSFS 2020

Author
milansmid
Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim,

I am a long-term and a happy user of SkyDemon both for real-life as well as simulated flying.

This request relates to the sim flying.

In the past, I had no issues to connect P3D and X Plane to SkyDemon in order to learn and train all the SD features. Recently I acquired MSFS 2020 for which the connection to SD does not work out of the box (though there is a way via a 3rd party app; however I do not fancy an idea of buying the app and then using just a fraction of it).

Therefore: Would it be please possible to implement a feature that would allow SD to connect to MSFS 2020?

When googling yesterday, I actually found that one of your competitors (ForeFlight) is achieving this via a free 3rd party app called FlightEventsClient which is broadcasting the flight data on the wifi network. The above mentioned moving map software is then able to catch these data and use them as GPS input.

I tried the FlightEventsClient out. It connects to the MSFS 2020 and broadcast just fine, but the X Plane option in SD does not catch the broadcasted data.

Hopefully you will give this suggestion a thought. Thank you!

Regards,

Milan

milansmid
milansmid
Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)
Just a heads-up:

Today's MSFS 2020 update to version 1.7.14.0 fixed a bug with SimConnect and it is now possible to connect SkyDemon to MSFS 2020 for free by:
- install and run FSUIPC 7 beta
- in FSUIPC 7 beta options tab enable GPS out
- install and run FlightSimGPS
- set up a flight in MSFS 2020
- launch SkyDemon - go to Fly and select Use X-Plane

Et voilà!

Milan

Edited 9/2/2020 6:58:24 PM by milansmid
cecile
c
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
Hello,

I downloaded from the link above, but Windows Defender is refusing to start the application: "Malware Detected Windows Defender is taking action to clean detected malware". How can I get it to start?

cecile
c
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
cecile - 9/3/2020 7:29:44 AM
Hello,

I downloaded from the link above, but Windows Defender is refusing to start the application: "Malware Detected Windows Defender is taking action to clean detected malware". How can I get it to start?

I just did a scan update from Windows defender - and I'm not getting the message any more. But the application is still not starting. Can anyone help?

Tailwinds
T
Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)
Well for my part, I simply went the paid route and purchased the MS-Bridge. It uses Simconnect which is already installed in FS2020. It cost me six quid but it works for me. No set up whatsoever. A very simply utility indeed. I also tried the Xmapsy demo version, that also works a treat but costs three times as much as MS-Bridge probably due to the extra features.

I'm confused as to why the OP suggests downloading FSUIPC when Simconnect is the on to use in FS2020.just for connecting SD to the simulator. 

Alexander Arvidsson
A
Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)
Is it possible to use SkyDemon on an iPad or is this only for the desktop version of SkyDemon?
Tailwinds
T
Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)
Alexander Arvidsson - 9/6/2020 8:17:06 AM
Is it possible to use SkyDemon on an iPad or is this only for the desktop version of SkyDemon?

Hi,..yes it is. 

trettum
t
Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)
milansmid - 9/2/2020 6:41:50 PM
Just a heads-up:

Today's MSFS 2020 update to version 1.7.14.0 fixed a bug with SimConnect and it is now possible to connect SkyDemon to MSFS 2020 for free by:

Et voilà!

Milan

I only get Waiting for x-plane.  Do i need to configure a port or send data via wide fs?
GAJ52
G
Too Much Forum (233 reputation)Too Much Forum (233 reputation)Too Much Forum (233 reputation)Too Much Forum (233 reputation)Too Much Forum (233 reputation)Too Much Forum (233 reputation)Too Much Forum (233 reputation)Too Much Forum (233 reputation)Too Much Forum (233 reputation)
I have tried this with Xmapsy, it connects to Skydemon with no problems whatsoever and is very smooth.  Admittedly it is payware but only the equivalent price of a round of drinks.

The only problem I have encountered, is Microsoft in its wisdom has only enabled *.pln files to be imported as MSFS flight plans.  As Skydemon does not 'yet' allow flight plans to be saved in this format, we are unable to create a flight plan within Skydemon and use it with MSFS.

I feel in the future a great many MSFS users will be using this Microsoft Flight Simulator as a step into real world flying or practicing RW flying trips they intend to take.   Admittedly the current Garmin GPS software within MSFS is at a very elementary level, but hopefully things will change within the not to distant future and it would be great if Skydemon could benefit in sales from this new enterprise.

Glen

Szepy
S
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
milansmid - 9/2/2020 6:41:50 PM
Just a heads-up:

Et voilà!

Milan

Thanks, that seems to work for me.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...