Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon & connection to MSFS 2020

Author
milansmid
Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim,

I am a long-term and a happy user of SkyDemon both for real-life as well as simulated flying.

This request relates to the sim flying.

In the past, I had no issues to connect P3D and X Plane to SkyDemon in order to learn and train all the SD features. Recently I acquired MSFS 2020 for which the connection to SD does not work out of the box (though there is a way via a 3rd party app; however I do not fancy an idea of buying the app and then using just a fraction of it).

Therefore: Would it be please possible to implement a feature that would allow SD to connect to MSFS 2020?

When googling yesterday, I actually found that one of your competitors (ForeFlight) is achieving this via a free 3rd party app called FlightEventsClient which is broadcasting the flight data on the wifi network. The above mentioned moving map software is then able to catch these data and use them as GPS input.

I tried the FlightEventsClient out. It connects to the MSFS 2020 and broadcast just fine, but the X Plane option in SD does not catch the broadcasted data.

Hopefully you will give this suggestion a thought. Thank you!

Regards,

Milan

milansmid
milansmid
Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just a heads-up:

Today's MSFS 2020 update to version 1.7.14.0 fixed a bug with SimConnect and it is now possible to connect SkyDemon to MSFS 2020 for free by:
- install and run FSUIPC 7 beta
- in FSUIPC 7 beta options tab enable GPS out
- install and run FlightSimGPS
- set up a flight in MSFS 2020
- launch SkyDemon - go to Fly and select Use X-Plane

Et voilà!

Milan

Edited 9/2/2020 6:58:24 PM by milansmid
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...