Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Is the phonenumber submitted in flightplan by SkyDemon

Author
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I have a question regarding flight-plan submission via Skydemon. I usually do not use SD for FPL sublission but I did for yesterday's flight.
When I called to check if all was OK, the briefing told be that all was ok must asked me if they could get my mobile number to add it to the flightplan. While SD has my mobile phone I understand that this is not submitted in the FPL ?
Is that correct ? Would it not make sense to make this info available so they can call you before starting a rescue mission if you forget to close your plan Smile

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)
I never heard they used the telephone number from the flight plan to do a rescue search. Usually this number is the number they call you for a pre-flight briefing if requested. I find it useful not to auto-fill the number known by Skydemon. The GMDSS rescue procedure usually starts with a telephone call to your destination airport and if they don't get confirmation you landed there, they initiate the automatic rescue chain, which uses the emergency numbers of the GMDSS system registered for your aircraft (typically from the ELT registration). I was told this is done because the telephone information off the flight plan is not passed to all relevant stations.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Your telephone number is included in the flightplan and all recipients will have it.
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/24/2020 8:55:47 AM
Your telephone number is included in the flightplan and all recipients will have it.

Thanks for the reply Tim. That's strange as this is not what the guy of the briefing told me.... Anyway. Thanks for the answer.

Dahlbeck
D
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
pilot-byom - 8/23/2020 11:54:46 AM
I never heard they used the telephone number from the flight plan to do a rescue search. Usually this number is the number they call you for a pre-flight briefing if requested. I find it useful not to auto-fill the number known by Skydemon. The GMDSS rescue procedure usually starts with a telephone call to your destination airport and if they don't get confirmation you landed there, they initiate the automatic rescue chain, which uses the emergency numbers of the GMDSS system registered for your aircraft (typically from the ELT registration). I was told this is done because the telephone information off the flight plan is not passed to all relevant stations.

At least in Sweden, the ATS or even the JRCC (Joint Rescue Coordination Centre) will use that phone number. I know because unfortunately, I'm probably on their "shitlist" since a few flights to untowered fields last summer...

Especially with club aircraft there is very little correlation between whatever number would be registered with the ELT and anyone who has a clue whether the a/c has landed safely.

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)Too Much Forum (977 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/24/2020 8:55:47 AM

I prove you wrong. Lately at least Kopenhagen Info did not have my telephone number, but the flight plan.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Since your phone number is in the remarks of any flightplan generated by SkyDemon, either they are mistaken, or you removed it prior to sending the flightplan.
DaveWhite
DaveWhite
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Have you actually entered your phone number in 'Setup' - 'Planning Options...' - 'Flightplans'?
pilot-byom
p
DaveWhite - 9/21/2020 11:21:09 AM
Have you actually entered your phone number in 'Setup' - 'Planning Options...' - 'Flightplans'?

Yes, of course, PIC information filled completely and also added pone number in 18 REM/.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We can certainly prove to you and any recipient that we included it, if you wish, if you contact our support.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search