Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Is the phonenumber submitted in flightplan by SkyDemon

Author
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 9/23/2020 8:37:14 AM
We can certainly prove to you and any recipient that we included it, if you wish, if you contact our support.

Thank you very much, but I have no doubts at all you did. It is just that the way these VFR flight plans are distributed is not in full, but only parts of it and obviously the phone number is not propagated to everybody - one of the officials I talked to mentioned even GDPDR.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
While it is true that the last item is not always sent on (SAR stuff), the rest of it absolutely is, and your phone number is included by SkyDemon in item 15 (from memory) which contains information vital to the correct understanding of the plan. It is absolutely infeasible that that item was left out in any onward distribution of the flightplan unless somebody took the liberty of rewriting the entire thing and leaving it out (I cannot see why anyone would do that).
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/24/2020 9:01:19 AM
While it is true that the last item is not always sent on (SAR stuff), the rest of it absolutely is, and your phone number is included by SkyDemon in item 15 (from memory) which contains information vital to the correct understanding of the plan. It is absolutely infeasible that that item was left out in any onward distribution of the flightplan unless somebody took the liberty of rewriting the entire thing and leaving it out (I cannot see why anyone would do that).

Item 15 is ‘Speed, Level and Route’ which is not the right place for a tel no. Either it is item 18 ‘Other Information’ or item 19 ‘Supplementary Information’, subitem ‘N/Remarks’ or subitem ‘C/Pilot-in-Command’. As far as I know item 19 is not transmitted as a default and this is where SD puts the tel no in (I believe).
Eric

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It's item 18. Apologies, I misremembered. Item 18 contains stuff like when you're going to arrive at FIR boundaries, and the pilot telephone number.
Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
In Germany, I got calls from AIS-C several times on the phone number noted in my Skydemon Flightplan. This works fine.
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Daniel_KDF - 9/25/2020 11:39:11 AM
In Germany, I got calls from AIS-C several times on the phone number noted in my Skydemon Flightplan. This works fine.

German DFS is actual people reading paper flight plans, because they have this 'call me before flight for briefing' feature. I guess nobody else in the world is still on that primordial ooze.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search