SkyDemon Forums

Is the phonenumber submitted in flightplan by SkyDemon

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic31936.aspx

By efrenken - 9/24/2020 9:21:57 PM

Tim Dawson - 9/24/2020 9:01:19 AM
While it is true that the last item is not always sent on (SAR stuff), the rest of it absolutely is, and your phone number is included by SkyDemon in item 15 (from memory) which contains information vital to the correct understanding of the plan. It is absolutely infeasible that that item was left out in any onward distribution of the flightplan unless somebody took the liberty of rewriting the entire thing and leaving it out (I cannot see why anyone would do that).

Item 15 is ‘Speed, Level and Route’ which is not the right place for a tel no. Either it is item 18 ‘Other Information’ or item 19 ‘Supplementary Information’, subitem ‘N/Remarks’ or subitem ‘C/Pilot-in-Command’. As far as I know item 19 is not transmitted as a default and this is where SD puts the tel no in (I believe).
Eric
By Tim Dawson - 9/25/2020 9:07:14 AM

It's item 18. Apologies, I misremembered. Item 18 contains stuff like when you're going to arrive at FIR boundaries, and the pilot telephone number.
By Daniel_KDF - 9/25/2020 11:39:11 AM

In Germany, I got calls from AIS-C several times on the phone number noted in my Skydemon Flightplan. This works fine.
By pilot-byom - 10/1/2020 7:35:45 AM

Daniel_KDF - 9/25/2020 11:39:11 AM
In Germany, I got calls from AIS-C several times on the phone number noted in my Skydemon Flightplan. This works fine.

German DFS is actual people reading paper flight plans, because they have this 'call me before flight for briefing' feature. I guess nobody else in the world is still on that primordial ooze.
By jfw - 8/23/2020 10:09:43 AM

Hello,
I have a question regarding flight-plan submission via Skydemon. I usually do not use SD for FPL sublission but I did for yesterday's flight.
When I called to check if all was OK, the briefing told be that all was ok must asked me if they could get my mobile number to add it to the flightplan. While SD has my mobile phone I understand that this is not submitted in the FPL ?
Is that correct ? Would it not make sense to make this info available so they can call you before starting a rescue mission if you forget to close your plan Smile