Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Small Grass Airfields - Accuracy?

Author
R
Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just wondered where the actual information for small grass strips comes from. Little Trostrey  Farm strip I think may not be correct as shown on SD. There is a strip a little south of this at Tank School (also known as Little Trsotrey farm I believe). On landing at Tank School, I was informed that the strip shown on SD was not recognised as a strip and that the owner of that site had no interest in aviation etc. Also looking at Google maps it looks very unlikely this would be a viable landing site. Could it be that the strip shown on SD is actually incorrect? Thanks.
Rogerthedodger
R
Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)Too Much Forum (934 reputation)
Rogerthedodger - 8/5/2020 12:00:49 PM
I just wondered where the actual information for small grass strips comes from. Little Trostrey  Farm strip I think may not be correct as shown on SD. There is a strip a little south of this at Tank School (also known as Little Trsotrey farm I believe). On landing at Tank School, I was informed that the strip shown on SD was not recognised as a strip and that the owner of that site had no interest in aviation etc. Also looking at Google maps it looks very unlikely this would be a viable landing site. Could it be that the strip shown on SD is actually incorrect? Thanks.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
It tends to come directly from the strip owners; SkyDemon is the only central source of such information. Sometimes strip owners don't bother telling us when they close the strip. I will alert my colleague to this thread and she'll investigate. Thank you.
Rogerthedodger
R
Tim Dawson - 8/6/2020 9:21:33 AM
It tends to come directly from the strip owners; SkyDemon is the only central source of such information. Sometimes strip owners don't bother telling us when they close the strip. I will alert my colleague to this thread and she'll investigate. Thank you.

I think you must have investigated and come to same conclusion as myself. I just updated my chart and I see Little Trostrey has been removed. Thanks.

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Pippa= Sanderson - 7/19/2021 4:09:42 PM
Well, your thought of the Little Trostrey Farm strip being incorrect is accurate. And to answer your question, I do think that the strip shown on SD is actually wrong. But I'll do the same as Tim did. I'll forward this to my brother, who's a bit more knowledgeable in all this, and hopefully, he'll be of more help. By the way, this is a bit unrelated to the topic, but do you guys know by any chance any companies that install fake grass? Maybe something like this https://itsartificialgrass.com/? If yes, could you please give me a roundup of a few companies that are good at it? Thanks in advance!

Contact Sandown airfield as they have some laid on their main runway. No idea what it is but looks like industrial quality/strength Astroturf..

Tony

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search