Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

current maps?

Author
s
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
did i get current maps in the subscription? FIR Switzerland ends north of EDTS. In the current map, Langen FIR is located far south of EDTD. This has not been the case for several years. When can I expect an update?

Regards Siggi

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
siggi - 7/2/2020 10:51:14 AM
Hello,
did i get current maps in the subscription? FIR Switzerland ends north of EDTS. In the current map, Langen FIR is located far south of EDTD. This has not been the case for several years. When can I expect an update?

Regards Siggi

If you look at any of the relevant latest charts published by EuroControl here you'll see that the boundary plotted by SkyDemon matches that of EuroControl exactly.

There is either a very much bigger problem or I suggest you check your source!

Edited 7/2/2020 12:25:03 PM by grahamb
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
Looks like the information is there, when you tap on the map, but the Zurich FIS boundary is not drawn?
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Your original post talked in terms of the FIR boundary. That is not the same thing as the notified area for a given FIS.

If you bring up the ‘What’s here’ pop-up by ‘long touches’ on the SD chart in the area you are talking about, you’ll see that the Zurich FIS area extends well into the Langen FIR. This will be reflected in the Virtual Radar when navigating. 

Edited 7/2/2020 3:27:23 PM by grahamb
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
grahamb - 7/2/2020 2:32:03 PM
Your original post talked in terms of the FIR boundary. That is not the same thing as the notified area for a given FIS.

If you bring up the ‘What’s here’ pop-up by ‘long touches’ on the SD chart in the area you are talking about, you’ll see that the Zurich FIS area extends well into the Langen FIR. This will be reflected in the Virtual Radar when navigating. 

Does anybody have the Eurocontrol charts link? I‘ll be going to the region soon and my understanding so far was that Zurich FIR extends to a large extend into German airspace.

grahamb
grahamb
MarkusM - 7/2/2020 7:40:22 PM

Does anybody have the Eurocontrol charts link? I‘ll be going to the region soon and my understanding so far was that Zurich FIR extends to a large extend into German airspace.

It’s in my posting above.

pilot-byom
p
grahamb - 7/2/2020 7:54:14 PM

Thx! I think I slowly get the situation and I guess it changed since I last flew there. Zurich FIS does indeed extend far into German airspace, but not as official extension of Zurich FIR? Cross checked with my IFR moving map and that shows indeed FIS boundaries, not FIR. Odd and I never noticed that before. Will Skydemon show the Zurich to Langen FIS transition in virtual radar when flying?

grahamb
grahamb
MarkusM - 7/2/2020 11:48:29 PM
grahamb - 7/2/2020 7:54:14 PM

Thx! I think I slowly get the situation and I guess it changed since I last flew there. Zurich FIS does indeed extend far into German airspace, but not as official extension of Zurich FIR? Cross checked with my IFR moving map and that shows indeed FIS boundaries, not FIR. Odd and I never noticed that before. Will Skydemon show the Zurich to Langen FIS transition in virtual radar when flying?

It does in simulation mode.

siggi
s
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)

ok, I've attached 2 pictures. 1 x the Std ICAO card, in which the border between FIR Switzerland and FIR Langen is shown in green. (between my red lines). This is definitely correct because Zurich reminded me on the edge. And I miss this in SkyDemon. Which runs much more south and is wrong. I would like it to be displayed as "bold". In Skydemon I have to search intensively for them.

grahamb
grahamb
siggi - 7/3/2020 7:15:08 AM

ok, I've attached 2 pictures. 1 x the Std ICAO card, in which the border between FIR Switzerland and FIR Langen is shown in green. (between my red lines). This is definitely correct because Zurich reminded me on the edge. And I miss this in SkyDemon. Which runs much more south and is wrong. I would like it to be displayed as "bold". In Skydemon I have to search intensively for them.

You are still confusing FIR boundaries with FIS boundaries. The two are not the same.

SkyDemon does not show FIS boundaries on the main chart, but does on the Virtual Radar view when navigating. You can test this in simulation mode.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search