SkyDemon Forums

current maps?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic31545.aspx

By siggi - 7/2/2020 10:51:14 AM

Hello,
did i get current maps in the subscription? FIR Switzerland ends north of EDTS. In the current map, Langen FIR is located far south of EDTD. This has not been the case for several years. When can I expect an update?

Regards Siggi
By pilot-byom - 7/3/2020 5:12:28 PM

siggi - 7/3/2020 9:40:29 AM
so I don't know what there is to discuss here. I buy a flying map, which should provide all information for the flight and planning. 

If your requirement for a moving map system is to be the sole information source for a flight, you may be terribly wrong with Skydemon (and any other consumer-grade electronic navigational app).

Many times the Skydemon staff, and Tim Dawson here in particular, did emphasize that Skydemon is only a navigational aid, a supplement, and not a replacement for proper flight preparation!

I only point to the recent discussion on NOTAMs, the Q-line and the 'reminder style' depiction of Skydemon -> which only directs you which particular NOTAMs to read and does not claim to draw the NOTAM area itself.

It took me a while to accept the way Skydemon supplements my flight planning, to some extend because I would like to have it differently, but I see this is impossible on the little manpower and for such cheap price. I am absolutely fine with the construction of Skydemon, but after understanding what they do, I never rely a flight on the information from within the app alone.