Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Upload flight plans to Avidyne IFD

Author
b
Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I'm a happy customer since 2013. I recently upgraded my avionics to an Avidyne IFD540 and now I'm badly missing the possibility to upload flight plans from SD to the IFD. The least thing I want to consider is moving on to that other software that really sucks so much so could you please consider this feature?
Thanks,
Steffen

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We are indeed considering it.
Marc_17
M
Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/29/2020 8:54:18 AM
We are indeed considering it.

We are also going to replace one of our old GNS430 by an IFD440 soon and would very much appreciate Skydemon to interface with the Avidyne IFD100 app in order to allow upload of flightplans to the device.

As we just got the information from Avidyne that Skydemon got all their data to be able to work with the IFD systems, we strongly expect Skydemon to provide this solution soon. Else Skydemon wouldn´t be an option in future. We would very much regret this, hoping for a good solution which allows to continue using Skydemon also in combination with the Avidyne IFD applications.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
You have been misinformed by Avidyne.

Also, there is nothing whatsoever stopping their app from accepting flightplans from SkyDemon right now, and facilitating their upload to your device.

Marc_17
M
Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/14/2020 8:59:17 AM
You have been misinformed by Avidyne.

Also, there is nothing whatsoever stopping their app from accepting flightplans from SkyDemon right now, and facilitating their upload to your device.

It is not Avidyne who is not accepting flightplans from 3rd party apps like Skydemon. It is the app developer who needs to implement this functionality to push/receive flightplans to/from Avidyne panel mounted IFD devices.

As Avidyne presented in their webinars, they are open to all 3rd app party developer (such as ForeFlight etc,) and for that reason provide required information to allow the implentation of this comfortable flightplan push/receive functionality.

Following youtube video shows how easy it is with ForeFlight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbektB-985c#action=share

Would be great if Skydemon would allow the same in future. If they won´t do so, we need to change to another app such as ForeFlight to use this comfortable flightplan transfer functionality of our new IFD device..

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
You misunderstand. Whatever the status of a direct link from SkyDemon to Avidyne systems (which we may or not not offer in the future) there is nothing stopping them from accepting routes from ANY app to their own app, and then facilitating the upload from their own app to the IFD.
Schildaero
S
Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)
Hi folks,
With great support from Avidyne (Thanks to all the Steves Smile  I could mangage to write an App on Android to push the SD Flightplan to the IFD:
I really enjoy doing flightplanning in SD and just hop in the plane, push the route and go flying. Can't wait to have it directly integrated in SD.

Actually there is. I tried also to make an iPad app, and spend several days to consume the flightplan. However on iPad if you export a route, only if the ios Mail Client is selected as sink, all route files are exported. If any other sink/app is choosen, only the .flightplan file is exported (maybe this is a bug?), which does not contain Names of the waypoints, which is not really sufficient for the IFD.

So my request would be: Export all files to all applications. (And also I like to have the function in SD integrated Smile )

Meanwhile, anyone interested can send me a pm with the email address used a the google play store, and I can invite you to the closed tester.

@Tim: Please feel free to contact me if I can somehow support you on that topic.

Best regards
Marco

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Nice work Marco!
Andreas Cordes
A
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
I am a happy user of Marco's app. He was kind enough to make it available for free. I am super pleased with his work. It is great to be able to copy a complex flight plan with departure turns, mandatory reporting points and traffic patterns into the IFD within a second. I would not want to  iss this feature.
I really hope that SD will cooperate with Marco in order to "officialize" this tool
Andreas

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I confirm the next version of SkyDemon will be able to natively send your route straight to an Avidyne IFD.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search