Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Upload flight plans to Avidyne IFD

Author
S
Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you so much for the good news Smile

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We've just released this functionality in beta format if anybody would like to try it (that would be helpful).
Schildaero
S
Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)
I'am very pleased to do so. Is this beta published via the normal beta process?
For iPad I can see in Testflight the Version 3.14.2.254 and for Android it says there is no current beta.
For now I can test the iPad and Android version against the iPad IFD Simulator, I'll be at my plane earliest at the weekend.

cheers
Marco

Schildaero
S
Checked it on iPad Mini2  against the iPad IFD trainer, worked fine. Looking forward to test it on hardware, hopefully this weekend.
(First I had some issues that the IFD could not be found by SD, but neither did the IFD100 App, so I guess this was more of a general iPad/Wifi issue. I fixed it by restarting the iPad with SD and IFD100 and also Pressed the ower knob on the trainer IFD to reinitialize the wifi networking.)

Thanks a lot.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Yes, it's only out on iOS beta at the moment. We will release another later today where you actually connect to the IFD and use it as a GPS source, and once connected, can transfer your route. Thanks for testing.
Schildaero
S
Roger. I am happy to help.
use it as a GPS source
That would be my next question, but already answered Smile. Is it still then be possible to retrieve GDL90 traffic from another source in the same wifi (e.g. stratus, stratux etc.)?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Not if you're connected to an IFD, no.
Schildaero
S
Just tested the update against the trainer, first I got the position corretly but sending the route failed with the message "Disconnected". After restarting SD once it works correctly and I cannot reproduce that issue.
Another issue I had at least twice: When swtiching back from the IFD100 (or any other app) towards SD, position in SD could not be established with message showing "Device offline since 200 seconds". I assume SD was not yet completely suspended by iOS during background time, since the legal disclaimer was not shown during return. Also no route could be send. To solve the issue, I stopped the flying mode and started it again.

[quote Is it still then be possible to retrieve GDL90 traffic from another source[/quote]
Not if you're connected to an IFD, no.
Understood. So that would be then my next feature request. My current setup is, that die IFD connects to the stratux, so I am able to send the flightplan to the IFD and get the stratux GDL90 traffic into SD (and also on IFD100 when using iPad).
So that would mean I use the stratux as source to have traffic. To send the flightplan, I would need to stop the flying mode, start the flying mode with the IFD, send the flightpland, stop the flying mode and start again the flying mode with the GDL90, to have traffic again. That would be a bit unhandy. So maybe activate the Share-Via again? That would enable to stay in the GDL90 source flying mode while sending the route.
I can image that having the IFD as the source and GDL90 (or other) traffic simulataniously is more of a bigger change, so that would be a feature request for the future.
Don't get me wrong: I am already happy now to have the export function at all on iPad Smile

Cap10B
Cap10B
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Hi Tim and Hannah

Great news. Working well on the IFD trainer app and IFD100 on another iPad. Just to confirm that SD will use the GPS data from the IFD now, as well as sharing flight plans.

Dave
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Yes Dave that's correct.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search