Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

DFS chart style and airspace „E“

Author
H
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi! I installed the latest update today on my iPad mini 5 and now I can‘t choose not to display lowered airspace E anymore...
The reason I want that is quite simple: it nearly has no importance for flying anymore but it often is located below C or D airspaces. Since it now is displayed exactly the same as the surrounding lateral boundaries of C or D airspaces it has great potential to be misinterpreted...
So my suggestion would be to either make the E airspace lines more transparent or in green colour like with your SkyDemon chart styles or provide us with an option not to display it at all.

Thx in advance, Björn
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Are you saying it looks not as it should, or that you miss the option to hide it?

Are you aware that you do need to know when you're in class E airspace as there are different ceiling and visibility requirements?

Hetzenauer
H
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
It would be nice to have it either shown in a different colour (green for instance) or make it somewhat transparent. Actually it is important not to mistaken it with D or C boundaries as this would result in legal punishment in Germany.

As a second solution you could provide us with the option not to display it at all if the preferred first solution is not possible.
The reason is very simple: since SERA applies in Germany VMC are no longer collocated with airspaces but with altitudes (see SERA.5001 table s5-1). Only the exception, marked by (***) applies to airspace G exclusively.
The reason airspace E is lowered at certain locations is another one: IFR flights are not allowed in uncontrolled airspace in Germany... you get the point...
As I am a member of the Federal Lower Airspace Comittee we often have to discuss cases of airspace infingements in C or D airspaces like the very complex ones around EDDL. For pilots flying here it is very important to clearly identify the boundaries both vertically and laterally.
I believe the vertical depiction has become better with the last update but the lateral readability in these areas might become an issue to the unfamiliar pilot.
So please change that if possible, as this would help to reduce unintentional airspace infringements in the vicinity of those complex structures - but leave the borders of C and D airspaces prominent and on top of everything else.
Thank you and have a nice weekend.
Best, Björn
Mike Stueber
Mike Stueber
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
I think it would be very helpful to have the old possibility back to choose between Controlled Airspace E or not in the menu "airspace".

JKL
J
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
Hi all,
after today´s new Android Version I am quite disappointed about the presentation of airspcace boundaries with very small lines.
This is very irritating in comparison to the presentation on the real DFS charst and also compared to PC Version (3.13.4.0).
I think Skydemon should shortly come back with the previous prsentation.

Regards
Johannes

Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)

[quote]
JKL - 4/30/2020 2:20:36 PM
 I am quite disappointed about the presentation of airspcace boundaries with very small lines.

Me too! Sad(
@Tim: Look at this, you think it's a good idea??

Or look at this:

The new labeling are VERY nice, I had wanted that for a long time. But the new boundarys are horrible!

Chris

Scoobydoo
S
Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)
Same as Chris, would love it the other way. And please make it possible again to hide Airspaces like Echo.
Thanks Tim

Dirk

Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/30/2020 9:41:31 AM
Are you aware that you do need to know when you're in class E airspace as there are different ceiling and visibility requirements?

Everyone know it and we would like to have the choice to hide the airspace E like before.

Chris

Ralf
Ralf
Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)Too Much Forum (385 reputation)
Same here, please let´s have the choice to hide the airspace E like before.
Johannes B.
J
Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)
I like the new optics and FIR boundaries very much, but I agree with the others,  that it was useful to disable airspace E. Please bring this feature back!

YouTube channel
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search