Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

DFS chart style and airspace „E“

Author
Andreas
Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
[quote]
Tim Dawson - 5/5/2020 9:06:22 AM
Thanks all for the feedback. I'll address your questions one by one below.

Andreas: I do not know what you mean by aerobatic boxes. From memory, we hadn't had such things in our Germany chart but perhaps I am wrong. Regarding the airspace labels, that kind of labelling doesn't work too well with a dynamic chart like SkyDemon's, where airspace can be shown or hidden depending on user settings.

I meant this little Aerobatix Box Drochtersen NW of LBV VOR is not on the PC-Beta (313.6.0) but on the iPad beta (313.6.234). This info is very useful

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
The areas of aerobatic activity can be turned off as they are Sporting airspace, perhaps you have done that.

Hang-gliding and paragliding areas can also be turned off as they are classified as Sporting airspace.

I think some of you may be asking us to turn off the display of winch launching cables, which would be quite dangerous. Can you confirm? Mike, I think this was you?

Edited 5/6/2020 8:28:38 AM by Tim Dawson
Mike Stueber
Mike Stueber
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Hi Tim,
I try to add a cut from the south of Germany. There are many glider symbols at places, where no glider traffic takes place. I believe these are places where hang-gliding etc. takes place. And it's not possible to hide these symbols. For my opinion it would be enough to see the glider-symbols at the airfields, which are not labeled with"G". At all the places wich are signed with "G" one know that there is glider-traffic and winch-launching.
Kind regards,
Mike

Edited 5/6/2020 9:51:45 AM by Mike Stueber
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
That symbol is shown wherever winch launching takes place. Even if it's winch-launching of hang-gliders. The cable will kill you just the same. You really want to hide this information?
Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)
Why hide them?
Again: What about my idea to give the opportunity to let us change the size of this symbols by a slider like with the font size? Then every user could customize it like he want.

Chris
JKL
J
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
Chris_LSZO - 5/6/2020 5:48:19 PM
Why hide them?
Again: What about my idea to give the opportunity to let us change the size of this symbols by a slider like with the font size? Then every user could customize it like he want.

Chris

Agree with Tim, they really can kill you and should be shown.
Chris: I do not think that the size of the symbols is too large. Especially i flying mode they make you aware of possible quite dangerous areas.
Johannes

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
It's tempting to add a control for the size, but we hate adding options for things like this where only a few people dislike the default. Chris, have you already used the waypoint size control to make waypoints smaller? If so, we could tie it in to that, conceivably.
Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/7/2020 11:31:33 AM
Chris, have you already used the waypoint size control to make waypoints smaller? If so, we could tie it in to that, conceivably.

I use the opportunity, yes. but i set the waypoints greater than 100%. Same for the font size...
I think you have to set that separately.

Chris

Scoobydoo
S
Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)Too Much Forum (108 reputation)
Tim do you already know, when the update will be available for iOs with the option of hiding Airspace E again?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Possibly later this week, but that isn't a promise.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search