Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

France Intsruments Plates missing ?

Author
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I can see the instruments plates for the different countries I have active (BE, NL, D, UK, LUX) but not in France.
Am I missing something or are these not (yet ?) available ? If the latter, any view when these will be available ?

Thanks in advance.
J

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
The problem is that the SIA decided to incorporate the instrument plates along with the textual information into one big PDF called ‘Textual Information’. You’ll find all the plates in one big lump there.

It’s a right PITA, and I know that TIm D has already taken this up with them to no effect.

The irony is that on the SIA site itself IAPs are all published as individual PDFs, so they can do it when they want to.
Edited 9/3/2019 9:38:12 AM by grahamb
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
This is a battle we are still fighting with the French authorities.
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/5/2019 4:27:51 PM
This is a battle we are still fighting with the French authorities.

Thanks for the feedback... anything we can do to help ?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to write to them yourself expressing the same desire.
kakugo
kakugo
Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)
Stupid question: if the PDFs are readily available from the SIA web site, why can't Skydemon get them from there?
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
@kakugo: Would you pay extra for this massive manual effort to every 28 days rip the big PDF apart and process manually? I guess this is major work, if not delivered process compatible.
Edited 2/8/2020 7:38:08 AM by MarkusM
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
kakugo - 2/7/2020 1:44:14 PM
Stupid question: if the PDFs are readily available from the SIA web site, why can't Skydemon get them from there?

Tim gets his AIP data as distributed via the single 'approved' channel. The answer is for France to fix their feed of data into that.

I can fully understand Tim not wanting to develop one-off non-standard methods that will be fraught with complexity and unanticipated challenges.

kakugo
kakugo
Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)
grahamb - 2/8/2020 12:14:30 PM
kakugo - 2/7/2020 1:44:14 PM

Tim gets his AIP data as distributed via the single 'approved' channel. The answer is for France to fix their feed of data into that.

I can fully understand Tim not wanting to develop one-off non-standard methods that will be fraught with complexity and unanticipated challenges.

Yes, I agree. It would be possible to write a script that downloads the PDFs for each plate from the SIA web site, but it would be ugly, fragile and of course they wouldn't be georeferenced. So it was a stupid question indeed.

Flying Dutchman
F
Too Much Forum (76 reputation)Too Much Forum (76 reputation)Too Much Forum (76 reputation)Too Much Forum (76 reputation)Too Much Forum (76 reputation)Too Much Forum (76 reputation)Too Much Forum (76 reputation)Too Much Forum (76 reputation)Too Much Forum (76 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/30/2019 10:20:57 AM
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to write to them yourself expressing the same desire.

Hi Tim, I understand the French have amalgamated their instrument plates into the "textual information" document in the Eurocontrol EAD system. In 2016 I saw a post of you, believing 'the French stated that they plan to reverse this change sometime in the coming months.' Have you got any update on this? 

Today, I noticed that the Garmin Pilot App is able to get to the single plates (also with geo referencing), so somehow they achieved to sort of index the French charts. Below an example of LFLL. Would be great if this functionality can be restored, although I understand it's probably beyond your control.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search