Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

User manual PDF name change

Author
Massimo Belloni
Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I usually keep a copy of the user manual locally on my devices (you never know...).

The file name, when saved, is "manual.pdf", which is a quite generic name which does not help to find it easily among other files in a directory, and easy to be mistaken with other files.

What about changing the file name to something more explicative, i.e. like "Skydemon_manual.pdf"?

Massimo Belloni

Edited 10/20/2019 10:39:15 AM by Massimo Belloni
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Massimo Belloni - 10/20/2019 10:38:50 AM
I usually keep a copy of the user manual locally on my devices (you never know...).

The file name, when saved, is "manual.pdf", which is a quite generic name which does not help to find it easily among other files in a directory, and easy to be mistaken with other files.

What about changing the file name to something more explicative, i.e. like "Skydemon_manual.pdf"?

Massimo,
You can rename the local file on your device anytime.
Eric

Edited 10/20/2019 11:55:22 AM by efrenken
Massimo Belloni
Massimo Belloni
Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)Too Much Forum (743 reputation)
efrenken - 10/20/2019 11:54:49 AM
Massimo Belloni - 10/20/2019 10:38:50 AM

Massimo,
You can rename the local file on your device anytime.
Eric

That's  what I do every time. 
IMHO usually filenames (when saving them) already have a meaningful name by default, not needing to be renamed every time.

Massimo Belloni

Edited 10/20/2019 1:16:06 PM by Massimo Belloni
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
Since we save manual.pdf in the SkyDemon folder, it seems like a sensible name to me. I do not believe there is sufficient reason for us to change it at this point.
Massimo Belloni
Massimo Belloni
Tim Dawson - 10/23/2019 2:18:28 PM
Since we save manual.pdf in the SkyDemon folder, it seems like a sensible name to me. I do not believe there is sufficient reason for us to change it at this point.

OK, I understand. 

Let's anyway see the issue in a different mode:
  • Windows: looking for help from inside the application leads you to open the link to the documentation webpage, where every time you have to download the file. Not very practical, but at lest you're sure that you're reading the last version. Working offline it's not anyway a big deal: just download previously the file  and rename it to a more useful one (just a bit boring), so to avoid confusing it with other files.
  • iOS: (more important in flight, of course). The help goes directly to the manual file, but the native pdf reader miss the Search function*, which is quite useful (especially in flight), instead that trying to find the right chapter in the index, go there and find what you're looking for.  Having the Search function implemented would be very welcome (don't know how it does work in Android, sorry).
What do you think about?

* = at least, I did not find the Search function: if it is present, please correct me.

Massimo Belloni

Edited 10/25/2019 10:50:58 AM by Massimo Belloni
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
To my knowledge, the native iOS PDF reader doesn't include a search function. You're free to install other PDF readers and export any PDF from the native reader into those to view them.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search