Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

German DFS Charts not popping up on approach anymore

Author
E
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi guys,

i just encountered a problem, which is probably caused by myself. But i have no idea what i‘ve changed in my settings. However, in the past i used the funktion where the german DFS Approach Charts/Plates of the airfield popped up on the map, when i was near the destination airport. A great feature, which i really love, as i can check my current position and routings versus the moving aircraft icon on the DFS Chart. But since a while, the charts are not popping up anymore when i’m near the airfield.

Which settings need to be checked to enable SkyDemon to show the Charts again, when getting near the planned airfield?
I have not noticed, that i‘ve changed something in the settings. And the Add-on of the AIS-DFS is valid until 2020.

Thanks for your inputs......
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Check whether “Setup | Navigation Options | Automatically Show Georeferenced Plates” is switched on.

Eric
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Do they pop up when you elect to show them manually, by pressing the Georeference button next to them in the list? Could it be because the downloaded (cached) documents are no longer on your device?
EDHS
E
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
@efrenken
Checked and switched on

@Tim
Yes, when pressing the Georeference button manually, the documents will be shown on the map correctly and in the correct pattern, These functions are all there, only the automatic display function when approaching the airfield area isn‘t working anymore.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Does it happen just for this airfield or for all of them? Could you mention the airfield to us and try (using the Simulate function) approaching a few to see what happens? Thanks.
EDHS
E
Hi Tim,
thanks for your helping hands and tips!

My homebase is EDHS (Stade) and i flew a few times to EDWI (Wilhelmshaven) last month. I can surely say, that EDWI doesn‘t work, even in simulation mode, which i‘ve tried a few minutes ago. What confuses me is the fact, that the DFS charts do appear as expected in simulation mode, but not when actually flying. I‘ve checked a few airfields in simulation mode which didn‘t work during the last flights. Even EDHS did work in sim mode. I have to admit, that EDHS charts worked one or two times, but only on ground and departure. When approaching the airfield, the charts didn‘t come up. However, die SkyDemon pattern do appear perfectly, but from time to time, it does not zoom in either. The plane icon on the map is however exactly matching the current position of the aircraft. When zooming in manually, everything will be displayed as it should.

It appears to me, that this is an issue during active navigation mode. In Sim-mode, only EDWI is not popping up. On the other hand, my GPS position seem to be correct, as the plane icon does reflect the current position exactly. Also all other values (GS, Heading....) are correct, when comparing the values with the GNS430.
Edited 7/24/2019 4:51:11 PM by EDHS
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
Hi,
I can reproduce this.
When approaching EDWI in simulation mode, there is no approach chart popping up automatically.
iPhone SE
SD 3.12.7
Gerhard

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
First, there is certainly no difference between sim mode and actual navigation mode. That's the point: everything works exactly the same, the code is not even aware of which is which.

Could you try EDXZ in sim mode?

One situation in which SkyDemon has never automatically shown georeferenced plates for an airfield is where there's more than one plate of the same type. This is the case at EDWI where there are two plates categorised as Visual Approach. At EDHS, I just planned a route there, flew it in sim mode, and the Visual Approach chart appeared automatically when I got close to the airfield (I had to be quite close, because it's a large-scale chart).

EDHS, could I ask if you still have problems, that perhaps you give our customer service a call? They'll be able to talk you through it and try different things much more easily than it's possible for me to do on this forum thread.

Thanks!

EDHS
E
Hi Tim,

many thanks again for your support. I‘ve tried EDXZ and it worked in Simulation mode perfectly.
I will crosscheck my setting with the next flight. However, and asking in advance: If i‘m inflight and approaching the destination airfield and the chart is not popping up, will the chart appear in manual mode when clicking the georeference button and will it stay there once the plane icon is going to overlay the chart?

I have absolutely no problem by using the manual function as long as it will stay there just like in the automatic mode. I would not consider this as a drawback, more than a different use of function. ;-)
EDHS
E
@Gerhard

Strange thing here is, it worked in the past. I just became aware of „my“ SkyDemon....well,.....let’s call it deviation, when the DFS chart did not pop up anymore. And it turned out, it did not work for other airfields too. I don‘t consider it as a SkyDemon issue, as nobody else seem to have these problems. So i think it‘s a user- or setup problem.

I‘m sure we will get it right later, I just need to have a plane available first. ;-)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search