Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Suggestion to display a warning message in case of using an other aircraft than the default one

Author
frederic
Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When we share a route between users of SD, the aircraft taken in the route is the one of the one who created it.
If you do not pay attention, the flight plan is filled with this aircraft data and not with the device that was defined by default in its own SkyDemon.

When the pilot asks by radio to the controller to activate his flight plan, the controleler announces that there is none ... but another with another registration.

I have already experienced this case several times with different pilots. Proof that the fault of annatention is very quickly committed.

Suggestion: would it not be possible to define a default airplane in our own library? Could SD display a warning message when opening a route or completing a flight plan with an aircraft other than the default one?

Thank you in advance.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Sharing routes with different aircraft is a very normal thing for our users to do. I am not sure a warning message would be very helpful in this case, as it would instantly start appearing during the normal course of usage of SkyDemon for a lot of customers.
frederic
frederic
Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)
High Tim,

thanks for the answer.
I don't really understand what you mean. Probably my poor english.

Sharing routes is verry nice and helpful for the users of SD. With a group of pilots flying with the same type of aircraft (and also other types) we do it verry regularly.

We are aware that when loading a route sahred by another pilot, the route also takes over the aircraft informations comming from the aircraft library of the person who created the route.
Despite this, it has already happened several times that a pilot forgot to change the aircraft type choosing his own aircraft from his own aircraft library.

At this time, if he sends his flightplan by SD, the aircraft ID filled in the FP is those used by the person who created first the route...and not the "default" one (or those I asked SD to give us the possibility to define as default in our own library).
In such a case, when you are flying and you ask at the first contact to the airspace controler to activate the flightplan, he answer that there is nos flightplan for this aircraft.....At this moment, you remember the mistake you made in SD by not changing the aircraft, but it is to late.

That's why I asked if SD could define a default aircraft in the library and show us a warning when we load a route and/or when we fill a flightplan with an other aircraft than this defined per default.

Many thanks for you rhelp.

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
Sorry, I am confused. I remember when sharing a planned route via email, I got a message telling ‚your aircraft is different to what it was when the route was planned‘ or so. In the current version I no longer get this message. Was Skydemon changed at that function?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
SkyDemon hasn't changed in that regard.

Frederic, I understand your problem but I think you want us to display a warning whenever someone loads a route with an aircraft that isn't their default aircraft. That's a very normal thing for our users to do, so that wouldn't be a very good user experience for all those people. I am not sure of the best way to avoid the situation you're describing but will give it some thought, and suggestions are always welcome.

frederic
frederic
Thank you Tim,

I think to a warning / pop up, a bit like the one we get when we want to fill a flightplan without having defined a date in the flight details,
maybe by adding that the defined aircraft is not the default one.

If ask this, it's because it has happened several times to several pilots. I was not alone.

Best regards

frederic
frederic
Hello Tim,

Last sunday, I was still discussing this problem with 4 pilots of the club. All 4 had already sent a flightplan with SD with the wrong registration of aircraft because they had used the route of another pilot and they forgot to change the aircraft registration in the flightplan. 
I feel that this mistake should be easy to commit and that SD could help us pay attention.

I think it would be enough to just have a warning popup in the case of use of another aircraft than the one defined by default.

If we use a route that is not created with the default aircraft, I think it would be great if we could have a warning popup that opens when we want to fill the flightplan. We could have this warning popup also when we open a route with an aircraft that is not the default one.
The ideal would be to have both warnings.

What do you think about this solution?

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
I think there should be a maximum stop to which extent Skydemon may correct and prevent mistakes of stupid pilots with sloppy flight preparation. Who spends so little effort on flight planning that hesheit misses a wrong registration in a flightplan will miss many and important other things as well, may even consider giving the license back and paves the way for autonomous flying, in which case stupid programmers replace the sloppy pilots. Just my opinion.
Edited 4/23/2019 6:52:47 AM by MarkusM
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I'm afraid our answer does not change if you keep asking the same question. Please refer to my earlier answers on this thread, which still apply.
MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
[quote]
frederic - 4/23/2019 5:38:23 AM
I was still discussing this problem with 4 pilots of the club. All 4 had already sent a flightplan with SD with the wrong registration 

I'm part of a pretty huge Aéroclub, with members sending flightplans through SD regularly and I never heard such a thing before ... Filling a FP is something you should do seriously. If they mix-up registration, I don't want to know what else they wrongly fill. Do they also sometimes fly the wrong plane? ;-)

M

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search