Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Suggestion to display a warning message in case of using an other aircraft than the default one

Author
frederic
Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Alright my friends. I undertand that for you, a lot of pilot of my club are stupid enough. :-))) because it's already happened at different times for different pilot. 
Fortunately, when we had the problem, we are much more attentive next time.

It was just a suggestion to improve our SD...It is not necessary to be hurtful in his answers. keep us together.

Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)
Hi Tim

We also share fpl, but normally only for people onboard the same airplane - super nice.
Could it be possible for SD to check if the one that sends a flightplan is sending with a temporary aircraft, and in fact SD should not accept that. Only fpl with aircrafts stored on the computer should be accepted. So when another gets a copy of a fpl from another - he/she must save the temporary aircraft and change information or chose an aircraft from the library.

MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Frederic, my point is that filling a FP goes way beyond sending a registration. Before clicking the magic button, it really worst checking every single information twice. What about equipments ? Colors (very important for Search & Rescue) and all other pieces of informations ? If you copy a profile without checking the registration, there is a big chance many other things could also be wrong. Not speaking about W&B, which is also part of the profile. I can't imagine not checking everything for a flight under FP, but perhaps I'm a wrong.

M

frederic
frederic
Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)Too Much Forum (176 reputation)
Thank you Mike and Martin

I can guarantee that all the pilots I know and with whom I fly regularly are serious pilots who are trying to properly prepare their flights.
From the moment when several people made the same mistake, I thought, maybe stupidly, that we could help to stop making this mistake.
Markus thinks not by stopping to help the pilots. But then why to use SD as a navigational aid when there are maps? This is a joke. :-)))

When we exchange a route with another pilot, I would much rather receive the route without the personal informations. Then I could complete my flight plan and other information as I do for a route that I create myself.
But it seems that my idea is not shared. Never mind.
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)
Frederic - I see your point and idea and therefore suggesting a solution to SD - which also should cover your wish but at the same time make it a more “failprof” solution.

SD: SD check if the one that sends a flightplan is sending with a temporary aircraft(shared route) thenSD should not accept sending the flp but give an error. Only fpl with aircrafts stored on the computer should be accepted. So when one gets a shared route, he/she must save the temporary aircraft and change information or chose an aircraft from the aircraft library where the pilot inf and aircraft information normally is stored.

Btw thanks for your idea.
frederic
frederic
Hi Martin,

It should also been this solution.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search