Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Stratux

Author
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
rg - 3/25/2018 3:40:29 PM
TouchTheSky - 3/25/2018 7:57:03 AM
 you should however eeprom the second SDR as follows:
‌rtl_eeprom -d1 -s stx:0
‌This requires to stop stratux beforehand with "stxstop"

‌What does this do?  Is it a change to the hardware or just software?  Is it necessary? Reason for asking is if I just put my standard Stratux install memory card back in will it work OK??

It is in fact a change to the EEPROM of the SDRs, therefore it depends what your standard Stratux card configuration is expecting. Where are you based? Are you using 978MHz UAT with your standard Stratux card?

rg
rg
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
Ok. Thanks. So unless you know how to reverse it I’ll need another SDR in case I want to use the UK 978 trial broadcasts again.
TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
rg - 3/25/2018 5:59:44 PM
Ok. Thanks. So unless you know how to reverse it I’ll need another SDR in case I want to use the UK 978 trial broadcasts again.

Here is a post with some examples how to program two SDRs.
https://github.com/cyoung/stratux/wiki/SDR-PPM-calibration
‌If you have one SDR only then I would program it to "0" and through the Stratux setting page you select the one that you want to see.
‌If you have two SDRs, I suggest that you program the first to "1090" because ADS-B should always have priority, especially here in Europe where there is no ADS-B broadcast over 978 UAT. I Furthermore I suggest you program the second to "0" because this leaves the option to select either UAT 978 or FLARM. This option only works with the FLARM Stratux version but if you plug in the Stratux standard version then it would work as well as SDR0 would be "1090" and SDR1 would be "0" and therefore used for 978 UAT.
‌Any questions?

Edited 3/25/2018 8:31:15 PM by TouchTheSky
TouchTheSky
T
rg - 11/7/2017 1:35:31 PM
Have you installed the latest stratux software? And if so have you got the ahrs chip (which includes the baro sensor)? If no baro sensor you’ll not see traffic in SkyDemon unless you downgrade stratux software to 1.2 but you should see the traffic on the stratux web page.

Sorry for coming back to this topic. Can someone confirm that the baro sensor is required to see traffic in SD?

rg
rg
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
TouchTheSky - 4/23/2018 11:34:02 AM
rg - 11/7/2017 1:35:31 PM
Have you installed the latest stratux software? And if so have you got the ahrs chip (which includes the baro sensor)? If no baro sensor you’ll not see traffic in SkyDemon unless you downgrade stratux software to 1.2 but you should see the traffic on the stratux web page.

Sorry for coming back to this topic. Can someone confirm that the baro sensor is required to see traffic in SD?

Yes it is.

TouchTheSky
T
Is there any particular reason for it?
rg
rg
TouchTheSky - 4/23/2018 4:26:33 PM

Without it the GDL90 message only includes GPS altitude and Skydemon requires barometric so a comparison can be made to other traffic.  http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost24546.aspx

TouchTheSky
T
rg - 4/23/2018 4:46:20 PM
TouchTheSky - 4/23/2018 4:26:33 PM

Without it the GDL90 message only includes GPS altitude and Skydemon requires barometric so a comparison can be made to other traffic.  http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost24546.aspx

Ok, understood.
xls125martins
x
Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)
popov - 2/27/2018 10:18:55 AM
popov - 2/20/2018 9:27:42 AM
Hi everyone.
I have been able to complete my Stratux with flarm setup.
H‌ave not been able to test the Flarm receiving yet as the snow here in Norway have put a damper on glider flying but logs indicate that it works.
I‌ ended up copy/paste the item list form stratux.me to ebay and order everything from there.
3‌D printed my own case as I was not happy with the one offered, I made my own remix of this one:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1707442

I‌ will sit down and make a step by step guide to what I did and post it here in a few days.
My confusion in the start was the MPU9250+BMP280 sensor. I read some old posts from before or as this was released that confused me. It took me some time to understand that Smile

a‌s for weather, I find using 3/4G to be more than good enough where I fly, the easiest way to keep your 3g connection while connected to the Stratux wifi is to switch form DHCP to Static IP on your mobile device and remove the Gateway address.
Tested this on both iphone and ipad.

-‌alex

Hi all.
After doing the above, to get the Stratux working with flarm based on this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/stratux/comments/6pa2nj/flarm_receiver_functionality/
I‌ did the following after loading the Stratux image on the SD card and starting the Pi:

//Log in using SSH over wifiHotSpot or HDMI/Keyboard
sudo raspi-config
//expand file system and reboot

//Log in using SSH over wifiHotSpot or HDMI/Keyboard
sudo ifup eth0

//Log in using SSH to eth0 IP address
sudo su
systemctl start ntp
service stratux stop
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libconfig9
sudo apt-get install libjpeg8
wget https://storage.googleapis.com/golang/go1.9.linux-armv6l.tar.gz
sudo tar -C /root -xzf go1.9.linux-armv6l.tar.gz
cd /root/stratux
export PATH=/root/go/bin:${PATH}
export GOROOT=/root/go 
export GOPATH=/root/go_path
cd /
rm -Rf /root/stratux
cd && git clone https://github.com/WiringPi/WiringPi.git && cd WiringPi/wiringPi && make static && make install-static
cd && git clone https://github.com/0x74-0x62/stratux.git && cd stratux && git checkout remotes/origin/devel/flarm_receiver && make && make install
//Long Wait
service stratux start

//Finnish

‌‌

Hi from
France‌
I have the same problem to install the Flarm  software update‌ as many people
Does an‌yone have succes to install and have the Flarm option active in settings and if it's possible to give us a link to a file image (.img)  of a good install
thanks a lot
Manuel
‌‌‌

xls125martins
x
Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)
SemperFi - 5/13/2018 5:22:37 PM
Setting up the FlarmSTRATUX is quite easy and straigt forward, just a bit time consuming and you have to be precise.
Where are you struggling exactly?

Thanks for the reply

I have exacly the same problem as this post: http://forums.skydemon.aero/Dialogs/PostDetails.aspx?PostID=25611‌‌
I have actualy the version stratux-v1.4r5 with the Flarm protocol output update-stratux-flarm-v1.2r1 and it's ok I can see the trafics 1090ES only ( two 978/1090 SDR services)
But  in my favorit airspace we have to fly with gliders equiped with Flarm system and no ADS-B
I want to use the second  SDR (UAT not use in France) to receive the Flarm‌ on 868 MHz
In the topic 25611 it's explain how to install this option but at the end I have essors . (make errors )
I use the go‌1.10
Are the instructions correct in the topic or a link to a correct file
Thanks and sorry for my english‌
Manuel‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore