Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

ED-R Mülheim-Kärlich

Author
F
Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I just noticed that the temporary ED-R Mülheim Kärlich isn‘t shown in SD anymore... I had planned a flight to EDRK Koblenz last week and had the ED-R shown in the map. But I had to cancel the flight due to weather and when planning the flight for this week, the ED-R isn’t shown anymore. One reason might be that the relevant NOTAM doesn’t seem to be published anymore (it also vanished from the DFS page) but according to the NfL 1-1061-17 the ED-R shall persist until 30.12.2018.

Regards
Florian
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
SkyDemon displays permanent chart data (from the AIP) and temporary data (from NOTAMs). If there is no NOTAM for a temporary airspace change/restriction that is a pretty dangerous state of affairs but it's DFS who need to correct it.
FlorianK
F
Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)Too Much Forum (358 reputation)
I just sent a mail to the DFS and have gotten an reply: The ED-R still persists. There isn't a NOTAM anymore as the ED-R was added to the AIP in the AIP SUP VFR 16/17 from August 31. ‌‌
So it appears that the AIP data SD uses is outdated, at least considering this ED-R...

Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/5/2017 9:45:31 AM
SkyDemon displays permanent chart data (from the AIP) and temporary data (from NOTAMs). If there is no NOTAM for a temporary airspace change/restriction that is a pretty dangerous state of affairs but it's DFS who need to correct it.

How will Skydemon handle this problem in the future‌?

Chris‌‌

JanR
JanR
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Another reason to add the missing Germany VFR AIP contents including VFR SUPs. Right now, there is definitely a gap which is not covered by Skydemon, as only IFR SUPs are available.

Regards‌
J‌an 
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)
Jan, I think you're right. There are at least two gaps evident:

1. Information from SUP Austria did not find it's way to SD charts (Airspace Salzburg was displayed completely wrong for some weeks!)

2. I seems, SD (or Eisenschmidt) does not care about the official German AIP VFR.

Some months ago, I asked Tim if he could confirm, that the SD "VFR AIP" together with the SD "Germany AIP" provides comprehensive information.

I got no answer...

I don't know, who is responsible for this disaster, maybe its Eisenschmidt or Austrocontrol, but I expect SD to provide correct charts including all available official information.

Tim, thanks in advance for fixing this.

Gerhard

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
VFR AIP SUP are available for free on the Eisenschmidt website. Using SkyDemon does not absolve anybody of the requirement to check relevant SUPs in a country where SUPs need to be checked prior to flight. Check local regulations for this.

SUPs are not a part of the permanent AIP and should not really be used to introduce ‌airspace changes without a corresponding NOTAM, so that pilots know to actually look at the SUPs. It is unfortunate if Germany have not published a NOTAM to inform pilots about the presence of the SUP but we (at SkyDemon) cannot do this for you.

It seems that there is an expectation on this thread that we would look at SUPs in order to make changes to our charts, as the SUPs come and go. Since SUPs are published and withdrawn at any time, without reference to the AIRAC cycle, that is not easily achieved. You won't find them on your paper charts either.
Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/9/2017 11:01:15 AM
VFR AIP SUP are available for free on the Eisenschmidt website. Using SkyDemon does not absolve anybody of the requirement to check relevant SUPs in a country where SUPs need to be checked prior to flight. Check local regulations for this.

SUPs are not a part of the permanent AIP and should not really be used to introduce ‌airspace changes without a corresponding NOTAM, so that pilots know to actually look at the SUPs. It is unfortunate if Germany have not published a NOTAM to inform pilots about the presence of the SUP but we (at SkyDemon) cannot do this for you.

It seems that there is an expectation on this thread that we would look at SUPs in order to make changes to our charts, as the SUPs come and go. Since SUPs are published and withdrawn at any time, without reference to the AIRAC cycle, that is not easily achieved. You won't find them on your paper charts either.

Maybe you can let the Notam visible as long they are valid. This information comes with the Notam and maybe you can use this information (starts .... until ...)?
Like now it is not nice...

Chris‌‌‌‌

Edited 10/9/2017 11:22:29 AM by Chris_LSZO
tschnell
tschnell
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
> VFR AIP SUP are available for free on the Eisenschmidt website
Where? I cannot find any...

Tobias
JanR
JanR
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/9/2017 11:01:15 AM

Tim,

For me it would be enough to have the VFR SUPs available in SD. Of course one could/should/must check other sources,  but one major advantage of SD is that it integrates so many functions and information in one application. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search