Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Automatic Logbook

Author
S
Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I am a new user of SD, formerly JeppFD MFD and I want to know if it is enough to start the flight with the relating button and the the logbook is active with counting the Off Block time, flight time and so on, like in other Apps or do I have to go to the menu " start loggging"?
Thanks,
Sebastian
Sebastian S.
S
Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)Too Much Forum (304 reputation)
Thanks for your fast answer, perfect if it has the the speed monitoring and so start logging.
I have read the manual, but this isn't exactly described, so again thanks.
Sebastian
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
SkyDemon logs your flights automatically by detecting your takeoff and landing. You can start the logging earlier though, and finish it manually, if you'd like to log more than just the flight time (e.g. engine time).
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/7/2017 10:45:30 AM
SkyDemon logs your flights automatically by detecting your takeoff and landing. You can start the logging earlier though, and finish it manually, if you'd like to log more than just the flight time (e.g. engine time).

Hello "forumers", is there a possibility now to export data from a flight, such as a *.csv or otherwise from SD to import in a pilot logbook, or excel file? Iread that someone in this thread managed to import it in a pilot logbbok, but I don't understand how.

Cheers, Alexis‌‌

‌‌‌‌
spaltchr
s
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
it would be really great if the output would be more than just flight time. i guess many of us if not even a majority logs block time. so getting the times as follows would be really helpful:

off block
takeoff
landing
on block

flighttime
total time

what do you think about that? an integration on top of the flightlog would be great.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
SkyDemon will already do that. It automatically starts logging when you take off but you can start logging earlier, if you like, at a moment of your choice. Just use the option from the in-flight menu.
spaltchr
s
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
dear tim

as i mentioned many of us need the off- and on-block times. so why don't log that time automatically, too? technically it is possible. i would really appreciate that and i'm sure there will be lots of others, too.

you have such a cool layout for the pilot log witch all those fields to fill in on top. wouldn't it be great to have like a red line through those logs, maybe fill in those fields automatically during the process of the flight and get the same handy layout for the log and debriefing pack?

best regards
chris
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
It isn't possible to automatically log the on and off block times. You cannot simply detect movement because people frequently move around (walking out to their aircraft etc) in flying mode.

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're referring to in your second paragraph; if you have a suggestion for a new feature the Suggestions forum is a good place to try it.
spaltchr
s
Tim Dawson - 9/4/2017 12:28:41 PM
It isn't possible to automatically log the on and off block times. You cannot simply detect movement because people frequently move around (walking out to their aircraft etc) in flying mode.

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're referring to in your second paragraph; if you have a suggestion for a new feature the Suggestions forum is a good place to try it.

Hmm ok... It's a pity because others realised that function:
Me personally never had the problem of walking around in flight mode. And i really don't want to go back to that other solution. SD is so much more innovative, user friendly, much richer in functions and listens to the community! Would you consider to ask other users about that or are you just saying "no"? Maybe a poll: "What time do you need to be logged for your Logbook: 1. Flighttime 2. Blocktime?" could be something, isn't it?

My second paragraph should have been a compliment first of all for the feature "Pilot log". And then my suggestion was to rearrange to information on top of the Debriefing pack in a similar way to make the time-related informations easier to read:

‌‌

I brought that here, because it is related to my first point. It only makes sense when realising an automatic block-time-feature, maybe even accessible already when in flight mode...
Best regards
Chris

jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Hello,

Regarding the logging of the blocktime, I just manually start the logging of SD when starting the motor and stop it manually when stopping the motor.
SD has thus all the info as it detects the take-off and landing and records it separately....
Not sure how you want to detect the blocktime either.

Hope this helps.

Br,
J‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search