Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Shifu - 7/31/2016 7:30:22 AM
The current version appears to have a problem with language coding (again?).

When I start the Wine-wrapped version I get i.e.:

with correct display of names (see Röbel/Müritz).

The moment I move the map or do anything, the denominators switch to:

Hm?

BTW: how to I request SD updates in the Wine-wrapped version?
*update* ok, workaround is to log out and in again.

Hi Shifu,
I cannot recreate the language issue - not sure what to suggest.
On requesting updates - I believe Skydemon checks for updated version of Skydemon when updating charts - so doing a chart update should prompt you to install the latest version.
Richard
John
John
Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)
rikur - 8/2/2016 6:54:12 AM
dix-sept - 8/2/2016 6:40:37 AM
....however, running it on a standard Macbook Pro I appear to be getting display problems and can't work out how to expand the display .....

John, 
I've seen this behaviour before - albeit never managed to get conclusively to the cause.
In my case manually resizing the window (i.e. pressing the green maximise button and dragging the bottom right of the window) seemed to resolve the issue - I needed to drag it to be smaller than the shown area, and then drag it larger)

It seems to be a bug in the wrapper somewhere.
Let me know if that works - if not - there is a slightly more complex resolution
Richard

Bingo! Thanks Richard .... It's always the simplest things one misses .... ! 

Alan Wilkinson
Alan Wilkinson
Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)
rikur - 11/20/2015 9:44:00 PM
I’ve created an up-to-date version of SkyDemon to run on Mac OS X.
This is something I’ve done for my own benefit and happy to share, but isn’t supported by SkyDemon.

You can download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7hwsbz0i1nfndn/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%203.6.1.13.zip?dl=0 
Download this, uncompress it, then copy it to your Applications folder.
If you've already got an earlier version installed, first drag it from Applications folder to the Trash - you shouldn't lose any settings when doing this, as these are stored separately in your Documents folder.

Important
: The first time you run it, you will need to locate it in the Applications folder from Finder and press the Control key, then click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu (this is because it is 'untrusted' - see: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18657?locale=en_US ).  You may also have to click “Allow” to a pop-up about accepting inbound connections.

Please use this thread for any specific feedback / issues with this build (good or bad) - keep complaints about lack of native version elsewhere. I can’t promise to fix everything - and indeed one day this might all suddenly stop working when some unwanted update comes along. At the risk of sounding like a lawyer, use entirely at your own risk.

Known issues:
As with the previous versions for Mac, there are three known unresolved issues:
 - you must have a printer installed and configured before using Print Centre, otherwise Print Centre won't work;
 - the weather icons in the weather panel are not displayed;

How does it work?:
This uses a technology for wrapping Windows apps to run on OS X called Wineskin (currently v2.6.1, using engine WS9Wine1.7.52), and should run on Mac OS X 10.6 and above including El Capitan. It wraps SkyDemon (currently v3.6.0.12) for Windows.

Hi,

tried to download the latest files for SD, now when SD opens it disappears of the screen on my mac, not sure if I'm just being stupid but I just can't get it to reappear. Any suggestion will be welcome.

Regards,

Alan
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
ADW666 - 9/12/2016 5:15:21 PM
This is something I’ve done for my own benefit and happy to share, but isn’t supported by SkyDemon.

You can download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7hwsbz0i1nfndn/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%203.6.1.13.zip?dl=0 
If you've already got an earlier version installed, first drag it from Applications folder to the Trash - you shouldn't lose any settings when doing this, as these are stored separately in your Documents folder.

Important
: The first time you run it, you will need to locate it in the Applications folder from Finder and press the Control key, then click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu (this is because it is 'untrusted' - see: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18657?locale=en_US ).  You may also have to click “Allow” to a pop-up about accepting inbound connections.

Please use this thread for any specific feedback / issues with this build (good or bad) - keep complaints about lack of native version elsewhere. I can’t promise to fix everything - and indeed one day this might all suddenly stop working when some unwanted update comes along. At the risk of sounding like a lawyer, use entirely at your own risk.

Known issues:
 - you must have a printer installed and configured before using Print Centre, otherwise Print Centre won't work;

How does it work?:
This uses a technology for wrapping Windows apps to run on OS X called Wineskin (currently v2.6.1, using engine WS9Wine1.7.52), and should run on Mac OS X 10.6 and above including El Capitan. It wraps SkyDemon (currently v3.6.0.12) for Windows.

Hi,

tried to download the latest files for SD, now when SD opens it disappears of the screen on my mac, not sure if I'm just being stupid but I just can't get it to reappear. Any suggestion will be welcome.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

at the risk of starting with a standard helpdesk answer - I'd start with a reboot if you haven't already done so - sometimes the Wine wrapper that runs SkyDemon gets in a muddle and a reboot sorts it.
failing that - do you get the Skydemon menu in the menu bar?  If so, try going to the 'Window' menu and select 'Bring all to front' or 'SkyDemon Plan' - and see if either of those bring the menu to the foreground.

R

Alan Wilkinson
Alan Wilkinson
Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)
rikur - 9/12/2016 9:18:12 PM

Important

Known issues:

How does it work?:

Hi,

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

at the risk of starting with a standard helpdesk answer - I'd start with a reboot if you haven't already done so - sometimes the Wine wrapper that runs SkyDemon gets in a muddle and a reboot sorts it.
failing that - do you get the Skydemon menu in the menu bar?  If so, try going to the 'Window' menu and select 'Bring all to front' or 'SkyDemon Plan' - and see if either of those bring the menu to the foreground.

R

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure you get weary of all these issues.

I tried all of the above, finally I uninstalled everything inc Wine Wrapper and also tried the solution with opening a Terminal window. After all that it worked fine.

What is the latest version for MAC OS? I seem to be on 3.6.3.0?

Thanks again for your help, its much appreciated.

Alan
rikur
rikur
ADW666 - 9/12/2016 9:22:32 PM
rikur - 9/12/2016 9:18:12 PM

Important

Known issues:

How does it work?:

Hi,

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

R

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure you get weary of all these issues.

I tried all of the above, finally I uninstalled everything inc Wine Wrapper and also tried the solution with opening a Terminal window. After all that it worked fine.

What is the latest version for MAC OS? I seem to be on 3.6.3.0?

Thanks again for your help, its much appreciated.

Alan

3.6.3.0 is the latest stable version for Mac (and should automatically install updates as they become available)

There is a Mac Beta here (same as the PC beta): https://www.dropbox.com/s/on28av1zv220xq2/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%20BETA%203.6.3.16.zip?dl=0 
(updating this is a manual process, so I can't guarantee that this will always reflect the latest Beta)
Edited 9/12/2016 9:51:15 PM by rikur
Oliver Voigt
Oliver Voigt
Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)
Thanks for these update! But there was an stupid bug inside. The Login didn´t allowed to type an „@„ which was necessary.

Did someone get also this problem?

rikur
rikur
Oliver Voigt - 9/17/2016 10:46:20 AM
Thanks for these update! But there was an stupid bug inside. The Login didn´t allowed to type an „@„ which was necessary.

Did someone get also this problem?

I have not personally been able to recreate the problem with @ signs - which for me works by pressing [SHIFT] 2.

However, others have reported this problem in the past - and I speculate it might be to do with non-UK localisation or keyboard layout.  I think others have managed to work around this by copying and pasting their email address into the login field.
KFL
KFL
Too Much Forum (881 reputation)Too Much Forum (881 reputation)Too Much Forum (881 reputation)Too Much Forum (881 reputation)Too Much Forum (881 reputation)Too Much Forum (881 reputation)Too Much Forum (881 reputation)Too Much Forum (881 reputation)Too Much Forum (881 reputation)
I'm fully aware of how much time some of these little projects take and just about anything is better than having to boot windows, so nothing to say but thank you for your time and effort. Its greatly appreciated! 
Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Hello,
Since I upgraded my iMac to Sierra, Skydemon for Mac is not working anymore.
The application starts as usual but freeze once you try to open a flight.
Any help is welcome.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search