Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

"Loss of communication" warning

Author
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Latest version Android running on a Samsung S4 Galaxy.
When flying I occasionally see this warning displayed. I understand the reason for the warning but wondered if the message box/pop-up could be reduced in size? At the moment the warning text is quite a long paragraph and the popup all but fills the entire screen obliterating the moving map.
I was wondering if the "Loss of Communications" warning could be in a similar theme and style like all the other warnings, such as "approaching CAS" etc. which are "overlaid on the moving map.

Thanks

Tony Nowak

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Can you be more specific about exactly which error message you are referring to? Perhaps a screenshot?
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)

Hi Tim,

Yes, will try and get a picture.
Do you know if there is a way to do screen captures on a Samsung Android phone?

Tony

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Try this:-

1. Open the screen you’d like to capture. 
  2. Press and hold the standby key on the right side and the home button at the same time. Wait for the border around the screen to flash white. 

The image will then be saved to your device. You can quickly access it by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the image in the notification tray. You can also delete, edit, or share the screenshots thanks to helpful shortcuts there.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tony N
Tony N
Hi Tim,

Here is a pic of the error I was reporting. This error message came up approx 5 times during a 1.5 hr flight.
You can see it, more or less, completely obscures the normal map display.

Regards

Tony
Attachments
SD error.doc (472 views, 472.00 KB)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
The best solution here is to turn off internet communications when you're flying. You can do this from the Setup menu.
Tony N
Tony N
Can the warning message not be made smaller so it is similar to the other "pop-up" messages, such as "approaching xx MATZ"?
The first time I saw this I thought the SD app had crashed.
Tony
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
No, we can't make it use the same system as the in-flight messages because it doesn't always happen in flight. In fact most people have internet communications turned off while in flight (this is the default) so normally it would only appear in planning mode. It's often useful to see lots of detail as to why your connection hasn't worked so that you know how to re-enable it.
skablitz
s
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)
I also had these nuisance big warnings way to often. I do not want to turn off the mobile data in flight, since every once in a while there will be a connection and possibly updated weather. I would be perfectly happy with a symbol somewhere, indicating that connectivity is impaired and if I really want to read all communication trouble details, I could e.g. click on it.
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
@skablitz

That sounds like a pretty good solution to me.

Gets my vote!

+1

Eric
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search