Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Using iPad SkyDemon Navigation with FSX

Author
col-lucy
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I'm not sure about making it work with FS9. I don't even have a copy to test with. I'm sure the SimConnect dll will be different for FS9. Sorry.

If you are receiving & transmitting data to Skydemon, then it is probably an IP address or port problem. SD receives on port 49002. Set that in 'OutPort', and set 'LocalPort' to something else

You can get the iPad's IP address from Settings/WiFi. Select The 'i' for the connected network shows the IP address. Enter this into 'OutAddr' in settings. Assuming your iPad is on the same network as your Flight Sim PC, it ought to work. Bear in mind that Fsx2Skydemon only sends data when the aircraft is in motion. If its paused or parked, you will get no data. Note that the IP address could change from session to session.

I have no idea why the updates would be jerky and changing direction. The track will reset if there is a large jump in position (e.g. you load a new scenario). The corresponds to about Mach 1, so should not be a problem. Does the Data LED flash regularly, or is it erratic?

Cheers

Colin
Francoisvl
Francoisvl
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Hi Colin
When I booted up and tried again, everything was working - so it seems all that was needed was a restart!
Excellent.
Regards
Francois
rolakon
rolakon
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
col-lucy (5/26/2014)
Hi all,

I put an installer for a small program (Fsx2Skydemon) that receives data from FSX, and forwards it to SkyDemon using the x-plane protocol (supported by newer versions of Skydemon).

The link is here:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=62A857FB93775AA!9796&authkey=!ADlwSTS_uOYVfQs&ithint=file%2c.zip

Install it on the same PC as your FSX, and run it when you start FSX

Configure Fsx2Skydemon with the IP address of your iPad or Android tablet.

Start Skydemon on your tablet and set it to use x-plane input.

There is a little help document to assist with setup.

Colin

Hi Colin,
unfortunately the installation is aborted. When I run setup.exe it says:
http://deepthought/fsx2skydemon/fsx2skydemon.application konnte nicht heruntergeladen werden.
Is there anything I can do to workaround this problem?
I've checked the link on http://deepthought. It doesn't exist anymore.
Can you give me any help please?
I use SykDemon for Android version 3.0.7.19226 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.
Thanks in advance

Roland

Edited 7/29/2014 5:38:39 PM by rolakon
col-lucy
col-lucy
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Hi Roland,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I am investigating now. I hope to have an answer for you by the weekend.

Colin
rolakon
rolakon
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Thanks a lot...
That would be great Smile

Roland

col-lucy
col-lucy
Hi Roland,

I'm not sure I have a solution. I can't quite work out what has gone wrong.
Try this link to an updated version here.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=62A857FB93775AA!11163&authkey=!AP9HtA7QkEJbH1I&ithint=file%2czip

I think it may be looking for the .Net framework. You will need .Net 4. If it is not on your computer already, this installer should hopefully set it up for you.

Try it & please let me know how it goes.

Colin

rolakon
rolakon
Hi Colin,
thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try this afternoon and let you know, if it works.

Roland

rolakon
rolakon
Hi Colin,
installation worked fine now. I did the setup for linking my Android Samsung Galaxy Note. I started SkyDemon on the tablet. On my FSX-PC the Data indicator is flashing. So is the Tx indicator. But no indication on the tablet. I've opened up ports 49001 and 49002 on my router for the ip-adress of the tablet. No change. Ping for the tablet works fine. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
One more note: SkyDemon is simply closed when FSX2Skydemon is sending data.
Appreciate your help very much.

Roland

Edited 8/4/2014 8:25:42 PM by rolakon
rolakon
rolakon
Hi Colin,
good news today. After I was fiddeling around a bit, I saw this message about the . and ,. I've changed my settings of Windows 7 and it works.
Thanks again.

Best regards
Roland

rolakon
rolakon
Even P3D works with it..... GREAT!

Best regards
Roland

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore