Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Poor data quality of aerodrome info (e.g. Germany, Switzerland, Austria,...)

Author
jan.schreiber
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

thanks for the quick update. Meanwhile i checked GAT24 (a web based service i'm using since 2004, providing weather and official AIP charts) and they have the same data you have (outdated charts from 2003). So it seems to be a DFS related problem with digital supplied data and not your fault. Crying

Meanwhile i found another small glitch at EDXH in your data (DFS charts you supply are fine): Runway 6/24 seems to be missing. The other two runways at EDXH are there but this one, rarely used but in all charts is missing ;-)

Kind regards

Jan

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
DFS responded that the 2003 charts are the latest charts available for EDBF. I told them about the runway designators and they are looking in to it; I presume they will issue new charts if necessary, but the ones we have are definitely the current ones.

We do have the 06/24 runway in our data for EDXH. Are you referring to the fact it isn't drawn on the map? I would think that's because we do not necessarily have threshold coordinates for it, due to the fact it is so short.
jan.schreiber
jan.schreiber
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Hi,

no i mean that "autogenerated" chart when you right click on the aiport symbol on the map and select "Information" from the context menu. (PC Version).

Another question:

When changing the display style (DFS to US FAA style for exmaple) it seems on next startup of the programm i do have to redownload all but the base Maps for the US again?
This does not happen with maps for germany. Is this on purpose for some reason or a bug?

kind regards

Jan Schreiber
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I have never heard of that happening to anybody. Please reboot and try again. SkyDemon does not delete maps unless you tell it to.

Also, please use the SkyDemon (1 or 2) chart style if you want to get the most from SkyDemon. You miss a LOT of features by mimicking static paper charts.
jan.schreiber
jan.schreiber
Hi,

ok i'll try the other styles on my next flight in well known terrain ;-)

Regarding the US maps:

That happens on both of my PCs at home (Windows 7.1 Pro) and at work (Windows 8.1 Pro) and i can reproduce it every time:

- Open up SkyDemon Plan
- Hit the "Charts" button on the top
- Select Map Style DFS
- Check "USA (Basemap)"
- Check all Maps below "USA (Basemap)" like "USA (ID-MT-OR-WA-WY)" for example.
- Hit "Apply Changes" and wait until download is finished.
- Hit "Charts" button again
- Select Map Style US FAA
- Select "Apply Changes"
- All data but the "USA (Basemap)" is gone now
- Select "Charts" again, nothing but the basemap is installed.

As it happens on both of my pc's i doubt it's an error related to my pc's? It happens also the other way around (changing from US FAA to DFS). It's only happening for the US data, it's not happening for other countries i tried so far (germany, poland, denmark...).

Kind regards

Jan

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thanks, those give me something to do on. I'm pretty sure changing the actual chart style is a red herring and unnecessary to trigger the bug.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search