Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Downloaded Charts disappearing.

Author
steven@merlinmotorsport.co.uk
Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
On several occasions I have down loaded the charts in the AIP. When planning the trip they are in the memory. After shutting down the iPad and restarting for the trip the AIP charts have disappeared. Have I some incorrect settings?

Steven
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Perhaps those plates have been replaced by the issuing authority? That is the only reason, short of manual intervention on your part, that a plate you have previously downloaded (where it will have turned green) will revert back to a white, un-downloaded state.
greg
greg
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
I had this problem a few times.
SD 3.0.7, iOS 7.1.2
For example, the downloaded AIP (Italy) disappeared. Did not hit the clear cache before.
During a flight yesterday, I touched the Geneva airport to look at the plates, SD said I need internet connection to see the plate.
On my second iPad the plate was there.
I had the Swiss VFR guide downloaded before. Curiously after the landing the plates were back.
Might be difficult to trace an intermittent problem, I'll try to report if I observe this again.

Greg
CAB825
CAB825
Too Much Forum (757 reputation)Too Much Forum (757 reputation)Too Much Forum (757 reputation)Too Much Forum (757 reputation)Too Much Forum (757 reputation)Too Much Forum (757 reputation)Too Much Forum (757 reputation)Too Much Forum (757 reputation)Too Much Forum (757 reputation)
Have the same issue with the French AIP. When not connected to wifi the charts do not appear, but when connected the entire AIP is available, very frustrating.
Mike@EDTG
Mike@EDTG
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
I can second that. Had the same issue with the offline accessible german AIP. During a trip we had to alternate due to weather conditions, and I couldn't access the plate needed. Asus HD7Android 4.2.2 SD 3.x

-mike
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Can anyone actually give us steps to reproduce this issue?
Liam Sandie
Liam Sandie
Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)
Yes this sounds like the same issue as I have been having.

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic12960.aspx

Download entire AIPs. Once downloaded if online but no reception I find that I can search for the plates but clicking them does no bring them up. Mid flight when you would need plates for diversions like described above this is a serious problem.

https://www.instagram.com/liam548/

Edited 8/13/2014 8:58:48 PM by Liam548
greg
greg
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
I leave SD in "Live Data when Planning" mode all the time. I understand this also means "use stored data when flying".
In flying mode it should have no reason to try to get live data it can't obtain.
In the case of missing plates I think it would be better to have SD  say "the plate have not been downloaded" instead of "need connection".

Anyway, the original problem is intermittent, I currently don't know how to reproduce it.

Most of the time it works as expected.

I also just noticed in the swiss vfr guide that a few plates were still white in the list, even after a fresh "update all".
By selecting these in the list they were downloaded and then turned green

Mike@EDTG
Mike@EDTG
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
In my opinion the offline mode is safe. Using the online modes seems to initiate some sort of consistency check which fails without internet connection.
Liam Sandie
Liam Sandie
Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)
I've changed mine to live data when planning instead of the planning and flying option. I hope this makes a difference but the last time it did this I was on the ground not in flying mode it was just I had no Internet coverage so not sure this is going to change it in them circs but it might in mid flight.

https://www.instagram.com/liam548/

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search