Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

New issue with viewing plates Android, help

Author
Liam Sandie
Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Recently I have been having trouble viewing plates on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with kit kat.

I have the whole UK AIP installed and Pooleys plates and these load if I load a route. However if I simply go to plates tab and search for an airfield it will find the airfield but clicking it does not open it and I am then back to the plates tab.

This has posed a problem mid flight when I wanted to look up the frequency mid flight and I could not get it up.

Any ideas what is going on?

https://www.instagram.com/liam548/

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Are you saying you can see the plate in the list, but clicking it does nothing?
Liam Sandie
Liam Sandie
Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)
no Tim. If I search for an ICAO code on plates or even the airfields name, it will find the airfield and show it in the list however clicking it then does not bring up the plates and simply takes me back to an empty plates tab.

But I have narrowed this issue down to when SD is in online mode but has no reception, like it is sometimes mid flight. Does SD check online for something when using plates? (even though I have all plates stored on the device)

I will have to test next time by forcing skydemon into offline mode. I leave it in online mode as I like to receive metars and tafs mid flight.

p.s I am not getting email updates from this forum either even thought I have subscribed to the threads.

https://www.instagram.com/liam548/

Edited 8/13/2014 2:13:57 PM by Liam548
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I'm afraid I will need detailed steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing, preferably from a fresh start of the SkyDemon software, for me to be able to help. This thread is similar to another one under the Charts forum which was updated today, it might be the same issue.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search