Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD installation on external SD card on Android

Author
milansmid
Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello SkyDemon,

Where is the SkyDemon installed by default on Android devices?

To me it appears that it is installed on the device's internal SD card (I suppose because when I removed my external SD card it was still happily running :-))

Could you please make it optional to install (at least the charts) on the external SD card? The reason for this is that the internal SD card capacity is pretty limited and SkyDemon takes a fair bit Smile

Thanks for consideration.

Regards,

Milan
Edited 4/26/2013 1:16:03 PM by milansmid
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You should be able to move SkyDemon to your SD card from the Apps settings on your Android device, if your device supports such things.
OldDogNew
OldDogNew
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
I have just installed a microsd card in my Samsung Galaxy S4, and successfully moved SD onto it. However the data (charts, plates etc) still seem to be stored on the internal storage. Does anyone if/how it is possible to move these files onto the microsd card also? I know how to move them manually, but presume that if I did that SD would not be able to find them afterwards. Thanks.
ajmc
ajmc
Too Much Forum (669 reputation)Too Much Forum (669 reputation)Too Much Forum (669 reputation)Too Much Forum (669 reputation)Too Much Forum (669 reputation)Too Much Forum (669 reputation)Too Much Forum (669 reputation)Too Much Forum (669 reputation)Too Much Forum (669 reputation)
OldDogNew - 2/8/2014 6:52:48 PM
I have just installed a microsd card in my Samsung Galaxy S4, and successfully moved SD onto it. However the data (charts, plates etc) still seem to be stored on the internal storage. Does anyone if/how it is possible to move these files onto the microsd card also? I know how to move them manually, but presume that if I did that SD would not be able to find them afterwards. Thanks.

I know that this is an old post, but at the moment the maps, and I assume other cached data, on the main storage of my Android device is 455MB!  I have the application on my external SD card, but cant find a way to move the maps/aircraft/routes etc to it.

The internal storage is not that big, so saving 455 MB would make the world of difference.

So is there any way to move all of the maps etc to the external SD card as well as the application its self?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Not that I know of.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search