Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

latest version SNAFU

Author
Biggles
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The version 2.5.2 released on 1st Feb does not work (for me anyway). I did the automatic upgrade as instructed and ended up with the SkyDemon messages screen blinking at me and refusing to go away when I tried to close it. It was saying I needed to download the latest Southern Africa maps for this version to work..what the hell? Oh and all I could see was Southern Africa and Setup>Charts was not working either. Am I alone in this? Seems so or I am missing where the others have posted.
I also tried uninstalling ALL Sky Demon versions and installing afresh from the download page. Same result. Southern Africa and nowt else.
This version has been available since 1st February so either its my computer suddenly not liking SD or this bug has developed and anyone who tried to upgrade will get the same result - a useless broken version. I have reverted to the previous version until I get some answers.
Cannot contact SD office as it's the weekend so anyone on the forums any thoughts?
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Biggles,

no such problems here. Just to let you know.

Eric
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Make sure your subscription is up to date by choosing Log Out from the Setup menu, then logging back in again. You may also want to try deleting any installed chart files from your My Documents\SkyDemon folder, then letting SkyDemon install them again for you.
Biggles
Biggles
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Thanks anyway Eric...and thankyou Tim - deleting my folder did the trick. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search