Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skydemon on Linux

Author
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Gfry,
While had a great success installing SD on 32bit Ubuntu and Mint, I am having difficulty with Mint x64. I think the stumbling block is getting MS.framework to install. I would appreciate any instructions specific to x64, at some stage.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
gfry
gfry
Too Much Forum (562 reputation)Too Much Forum (562 reputation)Too Much Forum (562 reputation)Too Much Forum (562 reputation)Too Much Forum (562 reputation)Too Much Forum (562 reputation)Too Much Forum (562 reputation)Too Much Forum (562 reputation)Too Much Forum (562 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
On a 64bit platform you will need to ensure you create a 32bit wineprefix, and then carry out my procedure in that prefix. Google 32bit wineprefix to find out how to create one. That should do the trick.

blah blah blah
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
Many thanks Gfry. I'll try that.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
Runways
Runways
Do you know Gfry, while the 32bit Linux installation went like a breeze, on the 64 machine, the only thing that worked for me so far was the Blah...blah...blah! As soon as I get to step 4, I get an error message: can not install .NET Framewok 2.0 on a 64 system.Setup will now exit. Later I got stuck on the >net framewok 3.1 SP1 which refuses to install.
I am sure it is me though and will persevere. In the interim, please let me know if you come accross a round about easier ( Take-away ) way.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
Edited 11/16/2012 5:39:29 PM by Runways
flycycledave
flycycledave
Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)
gfry
I've tried running your instructions, but fail at step 6. I'm running ubuntu 13.04, 64bit and I'm trying to install version 2.6.3. I've added prefix32 as you suggest, but no success.
Following is output on terminal :

david@Neewdesktop:~/prefix32$ bash winetricks dotnet30sp1
Executing w_do_call dotnet30sp1
Executing load_dotnet30sp1
------------------------------------------------------
dotnet30sp1 does not yet fully work or install on wine. Caveat emptor.
Executing w_do_call dotnet30
Executing load_dotnet30
If install fails, set /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope to 0. See http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30410
Executing w_do_call dotnet20
Executing load_dotnet20
Executing w_do_call remove_mono
Executing load_remove_mono
Mono does not appear to be installed.
Executing w_do_call fontfix
Executing load_fontfix
Setting Windows version to win2k
Executing winetricks_early_wine regedit C:\windows\Temp\_dotnet20\set-winver.reg
Current wine does not have wine bug 10467, so not applying workaround
Current wine does not have wine bug 30845, so not applying workaround
Working around wine bug 30845 -- Using native fusion while installing...
Executing env WINEDLLOVERRIDES=mscoree,fusion=n wine dotnetfx.exe
fixme:advapiBigGrinecryptFileA "C:\\users\\david\\Temp\\IXP000.TMP\\" 00000000
fixme:advapi:LsaOpenPolicy ((null),0x33f2f0,0x00000001,0x33f28c) stub
fixme:advapi:LsaClose (0xcafe) stub
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
err:msi:msi_load_all_components can't initialize assembly caches
err:msi:msi_load_all_components can't initialize assembly caches
fixme:msi:MsiGetLastErrorRecord
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"SxsInstallCA" returned 1603
Note: command 'env WINEDLLOVERRIDES=mscoree,fusion=n wine dotnetfx.exe' returned status 67. Aborting.

Grateful for any suggestions.
Runways
Runways
flycycledave: Thank you very much for keeping this thread alive. I am still having problems installing SD on the 64 bit machine. The 32 bit was no problem. I would not dare update the 32 bit though to the latest SD in case it stopped working altogether. I hope gfry and others interested Linux installation would one day come up with something that is much easier to use, akin to a ppa to make everyone's life much easier.

Quite honestly, I have not used windows for years, and Apple issues of SD have their limitations. Also Apple is now at loggerheads with Samsung in various countries in court cases worth Billion. Who knows what will happen next. Fortunately I have been using Linus's Linux for the past 5 years. I do not see myself giving it up any time soon for the others.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
flycycledave
flycycledave
Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)
Runways. I am using the android version of SD on a galaxy tablet - works well. Until I can get the full version installed on my Linux machine, I've gone back to an old laptop with Windows Vista on it, so I can work on the laptop, save stuff to the cloud and then download it onto the tablet, which I take flying. I've only been trying SD for a couple of weeks, but I'm very impressed.
cheers
Runways
Runways
Thanks flycycledave.

I actually used SD on an Android tablet and mobile phone. It is good. Having said that I do not seem to be able to do all my work within Android platform only. Also Linux being so robust, stable, and created and maintained by dedicated people who do not seem to have obvious commercial affiliation means something.

Of course the lack of tablets fully compatible with Linux is another factor, although they are in the works.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
Vic
Vic
Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)Too Much Forum (364 reputation)
I am having exactly the same problem as flycycledave, however I am only using the 32 bit version of Ubuntu 13.04

Seems like its an issue with the latest Ubuntu?

Vic
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search