Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flightplan addressees

Author
paulov
Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

using Skydemon mainly in Austria and the Czech Republic and exclusively on the iPad, I found that AFTN "addressee guessing" is rather poor for those countries. At least it's nowhere near to what their AIPs suggest for VFR flights, so at the moment I have to use another service for FPL. Some (not very thorough) random tests involving Belgium and Germany lead to a similar conclusion. I'd therefore (and just to have more control over things anyways) suggest the following:
  • make the addressee list editable when filing a flightplan via the iPad
  • additionally: show the "plaintext" flightplan message before submitting
  • as a bonus (that - i know - is hard to make a usable GUI for, so i'm not even asking for it): implement some kind of "personal atfn address lists", so you would not have to remember them all the time
  • additionally: (natively) implement delay, cancel and arrival messages on the iPad as well
Thanks for your consideration,
Paul
neilgeddes
neilgeddes
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
This is unfortunately also true for a simple France to UK flight plan.

Start a new route Calais to Biggin Hill in SkyDemon Plan. Check the flight plan's addressing and you'll see that only LFQQZPZX is put in automatically.

Is this a bug?

Thanks.
Edited 6/4/2012 12:43:21 PM by neilgeddes
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Not a bug, I believe that is what the French have requested for flightplans departing their territory. It means that they want to take charge of promulgating the flightplan onwards to what they feel are the correct addressees.

We have dozens of flightplans being filed all over Europe using SkyDemon every day, so I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with the way our addressing works but if you have specific examples you can submit to us by email (use the contact form on the website) we can investigate to determine exactly why the addressing is the way it is.

I agree there should be more customisation and previewing options on the iPad product for flightplans.
neilgeddes
neilgeddes
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
For your information NATS AFPEX auto fills with EGKBZTZX EGZYVFRT LFACZPZX LFQQZPZX LFFFZFZX
srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
I would like to add my vote to the ability to manually add flight plan addressees.

I fly from a farm strip and regularly copy my flight plan to a nearby controlled airport (even though it's not on my route) so that I can call them immediately after take-off and ask for my flight plan to be activated - it helps them a lot if they have already received a copy before I call them.

I cannot use SkyDemon flight plan submission in this scenario.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search