SkyDemon Forums

Flightplan addressees

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic6062.aspx

By paulov - 5/31/2012 11:24:58 PM

Hi,

using Skydemon mainly in Austria and the Czech Republic and exclusively on the iPad, I found that AFTN "addressee guessing" is rather poor for those countries. At least it's nowhere near to what their AIPs suggest for VFR flights, so at the moment I have to use another service for FPL. Some (not very thorough) random tests involving Belgium and Germany lead to a similar conclusion. I'd therefore (and just to have more control over things anyways) suggest the following:
  • make the addressee list editable when filing a flightplan via the iPad
  • additionally: show the "plaintext" flightplan message before submitting
  • as a bonus (that - i know - is hard to make a usable GUI for, so i'm not even asking for it): implement some kind of "personal atfn address lists", so you would not have to remember them all the time
  • additionally: (natively) implement delay, cancel and arrival messages on the iPad as well
Thanks for your consideration,
Paul
By srayne - 6/6/2012 2:51:35 PM

I would like to add my vote to the ability to manually add flight plan addressees.

I fly from a farm strip and regularly copy my flight plan to a nearby controlled airport (even though it's not on my route) so that I can call them immediately after take-off and ask for my flight plan to be activated - it helps them a lot if they have already received a copy before I call them.

I cannot use SkyDemon flight plan submission in this scenario.

Simon