Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

PC Synce to Garmin 695 and or SD card problems

Author
mikeg
Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

hope this is an easy one..i wanted to sync a trip through the USB lead onto the 695, each time i did it skydemon stopped responding.

so i tried saving the trip onto an SD card, i saved it in all 3 formats but when i installed the card into the 695 none of the files were visable.

anyone got any ideas

thanks

Mike
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Might be worth updating your Garmin drivers if exporting via USB is causing a machine lockup.
mikeg
mikeg
Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)Too Much Forum (964 reputation)
Hi Tim

sorry for the sorry for the late reply...just got back from holiday !

ok, i have done the following and it still wont work

1. updated USB driver
  2. uninstalled sky demon and re installed
  3. uninstalled and reinstalled latest beta version of sky demon
  4. installed onto another PC
  5. check i have latest garmin firmware
  6. installed Garmin Trip and Waypoint manager
the Garmin works fine with the garmin trip / waypoint manager, so as a stop gap i can save the sky demon file as a garmin file, open it up in the garmin software, and then upload ok - not ideal !

i have spoken to garmin, they are going to download sky demon to see if they have the issue...

my mate did have an issue and once he had uploaded the new driver it was ok.

when i select the uplaod from sky demon, it going into a "processing mode" ...i leace it for 5 mins and nothing happens, then i get a "not responding" and have to close down...

do you have any more ideas?

thanks

mike
mikeg
mikeg
Good News !!!!

All sorted, the problem was a currupt floght log on the 695. i deleted about 10 saved files and it effectivly cleared the blockage !

now works a treat !

thanks

mike
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search