sorry for the sorry for the late reply...just got back from holiday !
ok, i have done the following and it still wont work
- updated USB driver
- uninstalled sky demon and re installed
- uninstalled and reinstalled latest beta version of sky demon
- installed onto another PC
- check i have latest garmin firmware
- installed Garmin Trip and Waypoint manager
the Garmin works fine with the garmin trip / waypoint manager, so as a stop gap i can save the sky demon file as a garmin file, open it up in the garmin software, and then upload ok - not ideal !
i have spoken to garmin, they are going to download sky demon to see if they have the issue...
my mate did have an issue and once he had uploaded the new driver it was ok.
when i select the uplaod from sky demon, it going into a "processing mode" ...i leace it for 5 mins and nothing happens, then i get a "not responding" and have to close down...
do you have any more ideas?