Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

MGL Voyager Compatibility

Author
churchy
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim

MGL Voyager are becoming the glass cockpit of choice for many homebuilders (well, me). It's an open source operating system and accepts a wide range of files but the system requires separated chart and navidata files which are then overlaid. The SD chart and data files appear to be integrated into one file format. Have you considered (and do you have any objection in principle to) making SD planning data capable of being loaded onto MGL moving maps? I understand that the SD output track in .GPX format can be loaded onto MGL boxes, but it's not very efficient to have to pay for a Jeppensen database on the MGL box and then load a .GPX waypoint file designed from a separately maintained (and separately paid for) SkyDemon database.

Thanks

Richard
Tags
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
No, I don't think this is something that would be feasible for us.
jbtrellis
jbtrellis
Too Much Forum (601 reputation)Too Much Forum (601 reputation)Too Much Forum (601 reputation)Too Much Forum (601 reputation)Too Much Forum (601 reputation)Too Much Forum (601 reputation)Too Much Forum (601 reputation)Too Much Forum (601 reputation)Too Much Forum (601 reputation)
Hi Tim

I hope you might reconsider as there is a growong MGL market out there. The Jeppesen navidata whilst accurate does not have all the radio frequencies. I could subscribe to PocketFMS as they provide a navidata download to the MGL but I don't like their planning tool. I subscribe to SD but I am not going to buy any more hardware. I would gladly pay extra for a navidata export from SD to my MGL and also for your mapping which is simply the best I have seen to date.

Other MGL users if you support this please let Tim know

Regards

Bob Ellis
http://www.rv-8.co.uk
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Ditto.

-- Chris.
rod1
rod1
Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)
          Ditto.

Rod

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
If SkyDemon were ever to get involved with such a project, it would have to be MGL that contacted us, and negotiated for us to provide such a service. We have absolutely no knowledge of MGL systems or the data format they use, and no real incentive to try and export our proprietary data into a format they can read.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
I posted Tim's reply on the MGL user forum. It would be great if everybody interested in seeing MGL and SD work together to voice their opinion here as well as on the MGL forum. The corresponding thread there is:

http://www.mglavionicsusers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8994#8994

-- Chris.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search