Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Bluetooth radio/autopilot

Author
j
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Does anyone have a suggestion for bluetooth device for the new function of controlling radio and autopilot via Skydemon
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)
We have used the Irxon BT578 in the office but others are available.
jekroth
j
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/23/2024 3:11:29 PM

the idea is to put the bluetooth module on our autopilot so a route in Skydemon on the phone can control the autopilot

jekroth
j

Hi Tim.

is it possible to have one blue tooth unit on the Autopilot and a second blue tooth unit to control the radio or is it only possible to have one unit via blue tooth connected via Skydemon

Edited 8/24/2024 8:05:50 PM by jekroth
vikino
v
Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)
jekroth - 8/24/2024 6:06:00 PM

Hi Tim.

is it possible to have one blue tooth unit on the Autopilot and a second blue tooth unit to control the radio or is it only possible to have one unit via blue tooth connected via Skydemon

It is possible to have one device for radio, another for AP and 3rd for traffic, but at this time, Tim made improvements so you can also use one BT device for Radio+AP

Edited 8/25/2024 6:04:53 PM by vikino
Mutley
M
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
I have a Trig radio in a tandem aircraft with two control heads (one front, one rear).  The Trig manual says that the RS232 input will only update the control head it is connected to.

Does anyone know if I can connect one RS232 adapter to both control heads to deliver the frequency change to both (so that I can select the frequency from either one), or do I need a separate RS232 adapter for each head?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)
That's a question best for Trig themselves. I have found them very helpful; give them a call.
Mutley
M
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Thanks - will probably wait for the RS232 dongle to turn up and then just give it a go .....

jekroth
j
vikino - 8/25/2024 4:18:02 PM

Hi Tim.

It is possible to have one device for radio, another for AP and 3rd for traffic, but at this time, Tim made improvements so you can also use one BT device for Radio+AP

I have now fitted 1 bluetooth unit to both the autopilot and the radio. but if I understood it correctly, before I start flight mode I have to decide if I want to be able to control the autopilot or the radio. then only one is active at a time. if I want to control both during the same flight mode, I have to have two bluetooth devices one that controls the autopilot and another that controls the radio is it correctly understood

jekroth
j
jekroth - 9/12/2024 10:43:05 PM
vikino - 8/25/2024 4:18:02 PM

Hi Tim.

I have now fitted 1 bluetooth unit to both the autopilot and the radio. but if I understood it correctly, before I start flight mode I have to decide if I want to be able to control the autopilot or the radio. then only one is active at a time. if I want to control both during the same flight mode, I have to have two bluetooth devices one that controls the autopilot and another that controls the radio is it correctly understood

It works really well.
Could the next step in development be a numeric keyboard in the radio tab so you can enter a frequency if the one you get is not in the Skydemon and a button to switch standby and primary radio channel
Edited Yesterday @ 11:25 AM by jekroth
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search