SkyDemon Forums

Bluetooth radio/autopilot

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic37395.aspx

By jekroth - 8/23/2024 12:42:14 PM

Does anyone have a suggestion for bluetooth device for the new function of controlling radio and autopilot via Skydemon
By jekroth - 9/15/2024 11:07:39 AM

jekroth - 9/12/2024 10:43:05 PM
vikino - 8/25/2024 4:18:02 PM
jekroth - 8/24/2024 6:06:00 PM
Tim Dawson - 8/23/2024 3:11:29 PM
We have used the Irxon BT578 in the office but others are available.

Hi Tim.

is it possible to have one blue tooth unit on the Autopilot and a second blue tooth unit to control the radio or is it only possible to have one unit via blue tooth connected via Skydemon

It is possible to have one device for radio, another for AP and 3rd for traffic, but at this time, Tim made improvements so you can also use one BT device for Radio+AP

I have now fitted 1 bluetooth unit to both the autopilot and the radio. but if I understood it correctly, before I start flight mode I have to decide if I want to be able to control the autopilot or the radio. then only one is active at a time. if I want to control both during the same flight mode, I have to have two bluetooth devices one that controls the autopilot and another that controls the radio is it correctly understood

It works really well.
Could the next step in development be a numeric keyboard in the radio tab so you can enter a frequency if the one you get is not in the Skydemon and a button to switch standby and primary radio channel