Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Additional Frequencie on existing Airports

Author
Florian Meissner
Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone!
In Germany we have a little problem with how the military airfields are depicted in SD. There is a lot of informations missing since the bulk of the aeronautical data cannot be found in the civilian AIP, which is sourced by SD, but instead in the special MilAIP. I don't expect SD to threw all additional documentations beside Eurocontrol, though it is sad, that the data is missing, especially since civilian aircraft are usually allowed to operate within the airspaces, use the instrument procedures and under PPR can even land.

To combat the issue I began using the custom data tool to successfully add VRPs and VFR routes / traffic patterns. I also managed to embed the original approach plates as user documents. But there is one issue, I can't seem to fix in a need manner: The frequencies.

Luckily SD provides the TWR freq for most if not all German Mil airfields. But I like to add the APP freqs to. The way I did it so far, is to create a new airport with the custom data tool with the same identifier in the same location. But that, somewhat expectedly, results in a second airport being depicted on the chart and also not all the informations combined int he airfields tab.

So my question is if there is a way to attach new frequencies to an airport that already exists in the default charts?

I remember back in the day when I was thumbling with scenery in FSX, the sim would actually combine the data from different scenery packages as long as all would contain the same ICAO identifier. I was hoping SD would do something similar.

Hopefully, someone could put me on the right track with this issue.

Yours,
Florian

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)
No, SkyDemon cannot do that. If we are missing a frequency for an airport in Germany, please just let us know and we will ask the DFS to supply it. They already supply many frequencies and VRPs for the military airports so we can easily ask that question. Best to contact customer support though, rather than doing it on this forum.
Florian Meissner
Florian Meissner
Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)Too Much Forum (298 reputation)
Hi Tim,

thanks for your reply. The airport I tried with so far was ETHC Celle. They have two Radar frequencies, 130505 for approach, callsign Celle Radar, and 123.305 for GCA, callsign Celle Precision. You can find these informations on section 2.18 in the attached document although the callsigns are not listed and are provided from my own experience.

This is the situation for all military airports in Germany that a not co-used by civilian operations. So basically all ICAO identifiers starting with ET, except ETNL Rostock and ETSI Ingolstadt. As I stated in my first post, all these airfields are solely operated by the military, but usually accessible for civilians under PPR. But because they are military, DFS does not include them in either the AIP VFR nor AIP IFR for Germany and so doesn't Eurocontrol unfortunately.

But I guess it would be to much to post every frequency in the forum. The German Military Center for Air Operation (Zentrum Luftoperationen) published their military AIP completely for free under https://www.milais.org/publications.php. If you set "Publication" to "MIL AIP" you will get the usual GEN and ENR section as well as the textual informations for all the airports. If you set "publication" to GEMIL FLIP" you can actually get the visual approach plates including VRPs and traffic patterns as well as airport diagrams. This is what I used to create a custom data file with the VFR routes within the CTRs.

If you even want to get a step further, in the top right of this website under "Library" you can switch to "CENOR FLIP" and get all the instrument procedures.

I do have an understanding if you don't want to source another AIP but also I am not sure how much help DFS will be.But you might remember that I created the custom data files for the paragliding launch sites that you incorporated a few years back. Maybe we can have a talk on how you create the *.skydata files and I could volunteer in creating and maintaining a germany-military.skydata file.

Let me know what you think!

Florian

Attachments
ETHC_Textual_Informations.pdf (47 views, 2.00 MB)
Florian Meissner
Florian Meissner
Just saw you lat sentence. You got an email as well....

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search