SkyDemon Forums

Additional Frequencie on existing Airports

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic37227.aspx

By Florian - 7/11/2024 7:30:03 PM

Hi everyone!
In Germany we have a little problem with how the military airfields are depicted in SD. There is a lot of informations missing since the bulk of the aeronautical data cannot be found in the civilian AIP, which is sourced by SD, but instead in the special MilAIP. I don't expect SD to threw all additional documentations beside Eurocontrol, though it is sad, that the data is missing, especially since civilian aircraft are usually allowed to operate within the airspaces, use the instrument procedures and under PPR can even land.

To combat the issue I began using the custom data tool to successfully add VRPs and VFR routes / traffic patterns. I also managed to embed the original approach plates as user documents. But there is one issue, I can't seem to fix in a need manner: The frequencies.

Luckily SD provides the TWR freq for most if not all German Mil airfields. But I like to add the APP freqs to. The way I did it so far, is to create a new airport with the custom data tool with the same identifier in the same location. But that, somewhat expectedly, results in a second airport being depicted on the chart and also not all the informations combined int he airfields tab.

So my question is if there is a way to attach new frequencies to an airport that already exists in the default charts?

I remember back in the day when I was thumbling with scenery in FSX, the sim would actually combine the data from different scenery packages as long as all would contain the same ICAO identifier. I was hoping SD would do something similar.

Hopefully, someone could put me on the right track with this issue.

Yours,
Florian

By Florian - 7/12/2024 9:50:19 AM

Just saw you lat sentence. You got an email as well....