Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Function "Find a Destination"

Author
AM22
Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
During a long flight to Scandinavia, I was confronted with a peculiarity of Skydemon that really annoyed me.
When searching for aerodromes with suitable fuel, I used the "Find a destination" and "Fuel availability" function.
The "Airfield Highlight Type" selection is inconveniently deactivated as soon as you tap anywhere on the map. This often happens unintentionally when moving the map or zooming, for example.
The selected "Airfield Highlight Type" (Rating, Fuel, Runway) should remain selected and displayed on the map until you actively deselect it again!

Thank you!
Alexander

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)
That's what we thought, until people turned on the feature and couldn't remember how, and ended up stuck with it on.
AM22
AM22
Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)
What kind of reasoning is that? If the user forgets to deselect this function, then the labels at the airfields remain visible until it bothers the user. Then he simply deselects them. Where is the problem?

When you go into your cellar at home, you want the light to stay on until you switch it off again and not go out while you're still going down the stairs, don't you?

But I didn't really expect anything else from you. You reject almost everything that comes from the outside in terms of ideas for improvement anyway!

I no longer see any point in participating in this forum! Thanks for nothing so far!
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my response. People ended up with the labels turned on, but had closed the Find a Destination panel and had no idea what the feature actually was, or where they found it. That is why it's important that it can be dismissed with a tap, by someone who doesn't know how they turned it on in the first place.

User interface design can be difficult.

AM22
AM22
Tim Dawson - 7/8/2024 9:40:52 AM
User interface design can be difficult.

I know that! I have been developing user interfaces myself for over 30 years.
We had a saying: Idiot-proof systems are for idiots!

I think you can expect SD users in general to be intelligent people. After all, they are pilots!
If someone can't remember why a function is (still) active, they just have to look in the manual. Apart from that, this activated function does not make SD unusable. Most aerodromes also have a small label next to the name. That's all!

Really: Try to find the few aerodromes with UL91 or Mogas on the Sky Demon map in a country as large as Norway! You switch on the function, identify a suitable site, then go to the Pilot Notes and find out that fuel is only available at weekends when the local flying club is active. So get out again and look for the next suitable aerodrome! But wait, the labels have now been deactivated again because you accidentally touched the map somewhere when you had to move them! So everything goes back to square one!

We've been doing this for 10 days now. Annoying!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I understand where you are coming from, but you do not have the perspective of having been on the end of the SkyDemon customer support telephone.
AM22
AM22
Okay! If you say so! I give up...
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search