Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

GPS / SafeSky / Sky Demon interconnectivity

Author
nufmuff
Too Much Forum (282 reputation)Too Much Forum (282 reputation)Too Much Forum (282 reputation)Too Much Forum (282 reputation)Too Much Forum (282 reputation)Too Much Forum (282 reputation)Too Much Forum (282 reputation)Too Much Forum (282 reputation)Too Much Forum (282 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just wondering how best to connect the Safe Sky App with Sky Demon.

I would appear to need to connect Safe Sky to SD using the GDL90 option.

If I also use an external Bluetooth GPS (e.g Garmin Glo) to take advantage of the improved GPS receiver with SD, I need to “go flying” with “use location services”. The Bluetooth GPS won’t connect with SD using the GDL90 protocol.

If run the SafeSky App as well as SD and “go flying” with GDL90 I see the SS traffic on SD and a GPS position. That GPS position coming from the devices GPS receivers presumably via SS?

If I then add to the above my Bluetooth Garmin Glo I should also be getting an improved GPS position from the Glo on SD but via SS. Is this correct? This means I’m reliant on SS for my GPS position In SD?

If I use my SkyEcho2 with SD and “Go Flying” with GDL90 I get a GPS position from the Echo unit regardless of SS’s status. If I activate SS and take off with SS passing traffic and SkyEcho2 data to SD the aircraft position on SD looks like it’s tussling with itself ; constantly moving from one position to another. As if it’s oscillating between the Echo’s GPS data and the internal GPS data from the device?

How do I get a single accurate GPS position to SD (best way I’ve ever found to do this is Garmin Glo on the glare shield, great view of the sky, bluetoothed to device - never drops out / infinitely more reliable that SkyEcho2). And add the SS traffic on top - no GPS position from SS.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search