Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Connect to PilotAware on other IP

Author
j
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am trying to make a compact setup with most possible options. I would prefer that have only one device transmitting over the phone network, so I can switch it off easily if problems arise because it's transmitting. To do that, I would like to have my PilotAware Rosetta FX connect to my tablet's hotspot network, instead of my tablet connect to PilotAware, so I can use internet features on both PilotAware and Skydemon. However, Skydemon does not have the option to specify on which IP the Pilotaware can be found. I guess it assumes 192.168.1.1 and tries to connect to that. Would there be a way to have it connect to other IP's as well if the Rosetta FX connects to the tablet's network? Maybe the IP can be deducted in some way, e.g. from the list of Wifi clients of the hotspot (if the OS can give that) and tren try them all (cannot be too many).

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)
We have no plans to offer such a feature at the moment because it conflicts with our goal of SkyDemon being as simple to use as possible.
jorisr
j
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/22/2024 9:24:14 AM
We have no plans to offer such a feature at the moment because it conflicts with our goal of SkyDemon being as simple to use as possible.

I understand and I think that's good. Normally you wouldn't need the option. However, in the special case you might want this configuration, at least you could. Now I am missing out on information.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search