Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Aircraft category change

Author
d
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
I have logged a bunch of hours in my aircraft as an SEP but it has just been recatogorised as a microlight, without a change in registration. How do I tell SkyDemon to log future flights as a microlight please?
Thanks

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
Are you referring to our digital logbook, or changing the airframe type that is shown onscreen and saved alongside your flight log?
dsla
d
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/8/2024 8:48:22 AM
Are you referring to our digital logbook, or changing the airframe type that is shown onscreen and saved alongside your flight log?

The digital logbook - so my total hours are totted up into the correct categories
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
Hmm, I don't know the answer to the question. Would you expect your previous flights to all change categories, or to start recording the new category only from the time the aircraft changed?
dsla
d
Tim Dawson - 5/10/2024 9:03:09 AM
Hmm, I don't know the answer to the question. Would you expect your previous flights to all change categories, or to start recording the new category only from the time the aircraft changed?

The latter - that's the way the CAA expects it. I'm now accruing microlight hours whereas previously they were SEP.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)
dsla - 5/10/2024 10:22:48 AM

The latter - that's the way the CAA expects it. I'm now accruing microlight hours whereas previously they were SEP.

Can you not just copy the current aircraft profille and rename it, define it as a microlight and start using that?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)
grahamb - 5/10/2024 4:02:11 PM
dsla - 5/10/2024 10:22:48 AM

Can you not just copy the current aircraft profille and rename it, define it as a microlight and start using that?

Actually, having had a play with the logbook feature (I don't actually use it myself), a possible workareound is to subscript the registration with something that identifies it as a microlight (say '-M' or (M)) for the first entry that you want to make under the new classification. This will prompt you to define the aircraft category for that registration, which you can enter as Microlight.

Not 100% ideal, but it works.

dsla
d
The downside with that is having to adjust the registration every time I log a flight.

I've found a slightly better workaround. I went back and edited all my existing flights to use an adjusted registration like you suggest and then changed the Class of the aircraft with the real registration. You do this by clicking on My Aircraft at the top of the digital log book window, selecting the aircraft and then scrolling down to the bottom of the window.

It's not perfect but it's good enough, until @Tim decides it's worth fixing it... [I think storing registration, type and class for every logbook entry would be easiest...]

grahamb
grahamb
dsla - 5/11/2024 5:01:02 PM
The downside with that is having to adjust the registration every time I log a flight.

I've found a slightly better workaround. I went back and edited all my existing flights to use an adjusted registration like you suggest and then changed the Class of the aircraft with the real registration. You do this by clicking on My Aircraft at the top of the digital log book window, selecting the aircraft and then scrolling down to the bottom of the window.

It's not perfect but it's good enough, until @Tim decides it's worth fixing it... [I think storing registration, type and class for every logbook entry would be easiest...]

Well done, glad you got it sorted. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search