Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Error on French charts

Author
pgroell
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I think there might be an error on the airspace depiction on the french charts.
Above FL 115 all airspace is class D except over the Alps, Pyrennées or high sea where it is class E
Over the Pyrennées, the general class D overlaps the general class E.
I think the borders of the general class D are wrong. For example on the picture, the class D should stop at the northern border of the class E  France General LTA. (There are at least three aeras over the Pyrennées where this happens.
The France General LTA is split up over the Pyrennées due to Airways, which should be shown as class D airspace.
Hope this makes sense !
I found no errors over the Alps

Pascal

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We can look into this, but I think I'm missing from your post exactly where you believe the problem lies. Is it the Pyrenees that you think is the problematic area, and you think we've not transcribed the LTA areas from the AIP correctly?
pgroell
pgroell
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/25/2024 10:22:51 AM
We can look into this, but I think I'm missing from your post exactly where you believe the problem lies. Is it the Pyrenees that you think is the problematic area, and you think we've not transcribed the LTA areas from the AIP correctly?

At the same place you should not have both a General Class D and the France LTA which is class E as shown in the first picture.
Airspace is either one class or the other but here Skydemon shows it to be both? 
I think the southern border of the General Class D is wrong it should stop at the northern border of the France LTA (which seems correct to me).
The General Class D straight line from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean north of the Pyrennées looks wrong to me, either it goes to the spanish border or as I think is correct it stops at the LTA like in the Alps.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Thanks, we will look into it. It's not impossible that the AIP defines bits of class D and E that end up covering the same area; it will tend to just have text next to it that says the D takes precedence. But we will check.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
My colleague confirms that we have identified an area over the Pyrenees that needed correction. We have made that correction and you'll see it in our next chart update. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
pgroell
pgroell
Tim Dawson - 3/27/2024 10:24:55 AM
My colleague confirms that we have identified an area over the Pyrenees that needed correction. We have made that correction and you'll see it in our next chart update. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Great, thanks

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search