Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Batch Exporting KML or GPX Logs Data?

Author
D
Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For anyone interested in creating a map of say all the flights that occurred during a year, is there a way to batch export the GPX or KML data?
The one by one leg export of the data offered in either the desktop or tablet version of SkyDemon is tedious to say the least...

DeeCee 57
D
Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)
DeeCee 57 - 1/6/2024 2:33:46 PM
For anyone interested in creating a map of say all the flights that occurred during a year, is there a way to batch export the GPX or KML data?
The one by one leg export of the data offered in either the desktop or tablet version of SkyDemon is tedious to say the least...

Individual log export from the PC at present:
- Analysis
- Open Flight Log... Ctrl+L
- Open File window
- wait for logs to load
- select log (only one log selectable)
- Export chosen log to an external folder
- closing the log window then even closes the Open Flight Log window instead of offering Next or Previous, which means the whole process to be done from the start, for every which log...

The whole operation of exporting logs from the cloud is cumbersome. There must be a way to download all of one's logs from the cloud, no?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
There's no facility for doing this at the moment. As with all feature requests, if enough people seem to want it, we will do our best to include it.
november romeo
november romeo
Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)Too Much Forum (350 reputation)
A batch export would be brilliant, so that I can import all my data to Flysto.

DeeCee 57
D
Tim Dawson - 1/8/2024 10:55:29 AM
There's no facility for doing this at the moment. As with all feature requests, if enough people seem to want it, we will do our best to include it.

Thanks for that quick answer Tim

KimW
K
Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)
Just manually downloaded 3 years of flights from Skydemon to create my own map. Looked desperately for a folder of log files or a way to export so I will this a +1
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
KimW - 2/14/2024 9:21:52 PM
Just manually downloaded 3 years of flights from Skydemon to create my own map. Looked desperately for a folder of log files or a way to export so I will this a +1

KimW,

Which map facility did you use for this? SD or something else?
Tony

KimW
K
Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)
Tony N - 2/15/2024 8:17:51 AM

KimW,

Tony

I used https://www.mygpsfiles.com/app/
It creates every flight in different color, but I wanted a more clean look. You can play with track width, transparency and color.
If I could batch download that would be an easier workflow, but now I just exported one by one, and will do that periodically to create new maps as flights are added.

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
KimW - 2/15/2024 8:36:33 PM
Tony N - 2/15/2024 8:17:51 AM

KimW,

Tony

I used https://www.mygpsfiles.com/app/
It creates every flight in different color, but I wanted a more clean look. You can play with track width, transparency and color.
If I could batch download that would be an easier workflow, but now I just exported one by one, and will do that periodically to create new maps as flights are added.

KimW,
Thanks, I will have a play...
Tony

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search