Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Waypoint list files

Author
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim good day,
Is it possible to create a waypoint file from a list of coordinates instead of creating the waypoints one at a time and downloading the file directly into a specific folder in to the Waypoin Directory?
Example: I need to create a particular area for a glider competition, today I must create a list of waypoints one by one and then join them as if it were a route, it would be much simpler to create a file and download it directly to the iPad from the PC.
I tried to open the Waypoits Dircetory folder, to see inside, but is not possible.....
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Surely it would be better to use the Data Creator tool to create a piece of "airspace" describing the area for the competition?

SkyDemon can import waypoints in GPX format, so if you can export them in that format from another tool then that would be a quick way of importing them.

giannisd
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 12/18/2023 11:13:57 AM
Surely it would be better to use the Data Creator tool to create a piece of "airspace" describing the area for the competition?

SkyDemon can import waypoints in GPX format, so if you can export them in that format from another tool then that would be a quick way of importing them.

From a text list of coordinates can you suggest an application to create a GPX file? 
I'm using MAC...

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
giannisd - 12/18/2023 5:50:00 PM
Tim Dawson - 12/18/2023 11:13:57 AM

From a text list of coordinates can you suggest an application to create a GPX file? 
I'm using MAC...

If you can find a machine on which to load the Windows version of SD, it's really easy editing the XML waypoint files with notepad.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search