Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Windows 10 screen definition

Author
VMC-on-top
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I use Windows 10 and a second screen for flight planning. However, the resolution is very high and as a result, when i go into the flight details panel on the right, all fields are not visible, nor is it if i want to file a flight plan and GAR. I can't appear to change the size of the whole panel on the right. (i can still file via Android phone and tablet without issue but its not always ideal). 

Anyone else experienced this and found a way to resolve? I've tried changing screen resolution on desktop which doesn't work. 

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Not sure if this is the same issue, but the menu text displayed by my SD on Windows 10 has changed.
Still seems to work okay, but just looks different..

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You could try deleting the Program Files\SkyDemon\skydemon.exe.manifest file to see if that helps. SkyDemon isn't made for super high resolution screens so some elements might look weird on them, even though the map should look great.
matthew_w100
matthew_w100
Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)

Is this the same problem as I'm seeing? On my W10 laptop, the set takeoff time pop-up has changed to one where I can only see the date and not the time.  It has not changed on my desktop PC though, where the pop-up is in the same style as it always was.

Edited to add - deleting (and then restoring the same file) the .manifest file fixed the issue. The pop-up is back to its original size.

Edited 10/17/2023 9:26:59 PM by matthew_w100
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I daresay it's the same issue.
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/18/2023 9:13:36 AM
I daresay it's the same issue.

Deleting the skydemon.exe.manifest file fixed my Win 10 display issue.
Thanks

Tony

Daniel Biton
Daniel Biton
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)
Good evening,

I am experiencing the same problem since yesterday where everything was OK.

I have removed the skydemon.exe.manifest file with no improvement.

Notam panel, Weather panel, Flight details panel, and Airfiels panel are all empty.

Should I re-install Skydemon?

The laptop is a HP 15-R257NF Energy Star and Skydemon has been running for the last years without any problem.

Maybe a new Windows version with a "bug"?

Dan.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Dan, that isn't the same problem as this thread. We haven't changed anything in SkyDemon in the last few days. Those windows all use the Microsoft Edge Webview2 runtime to render their content, perhaps that component has somehow become corrupted on your system.
Daniel Biton
Daniel Biton
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/27/2023 10:36:38 AM
Dan, that isn't the same problem as this thread. We haven't changed anything in SkyDemon in the last few days. Those windows all use the Microsoft Edge Webview2 runtime to render their content, perhaps that component has somehow become corrupted on your system.

Thanks for your answer.  Since I am using Firefox, I regularly remove whatever comes like Edge. 

I understand now that removing Edge that always comes back automaticaly is the source of my problem.

I will give you further peace of information.
Dan.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Edge (the browser) isn't the same as Edge Webview2 (the runtime). The former can be removed, I think, whereas the latter is used by apps like SkyDemon to display embedded web content.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search