Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Info missing below Schiphol TMA1 ?

Author
R
Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Unless I have overlooked something, I cannot find data in SD about a TMZ which is active since July 13 th and runs well into 2024. It has been published in an AIC https://der78rjp0cfsg.cloudfront.net/uploads/files/tmz-met-uitluisterplicht-onder-schiphol-tma-1/EH-eAIC-2023-04-A.pdf
Boils down that anyone passing below the TMA 1 of SPL must have a working Xpndr with Mode S (although the latter one is not specified here, but stated in the general description of a TMZ), and squawking 7020 (near Rdam 7010, see text.), PLUS listening out on 124.3  AMS INFO

Edited 8/16/2023 1:27:09 PM by Richard Branderhorst
Richard Branderhorst
R
Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)
Correction, I DID find info about this new rules, however only on my tablet/phone SD. Not on the PC based version (not always clear to me what is the difference). But the text is not like what the procedure is.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Could you specify exactly what you were expecting to see in SkyDemon please? Is the AIC not available when you go into the AIP information for Netherlands? Or were you expecting us to have drawn this on your map?
Richard Branderhorst
R
Tim. Till now I wasn't a regular visitor of the AIC messages, there's nothing that triggers me to do. I wonder if all the EASA member states have something like it. Would need to add that to my flight preparation when flying abroad.
The level of this directly operational info that is presented should, in my opinion, not be in an AIC, but I will communicate that with our national authorities. BTW this new procedure initially took off as a NOTAM, but probably due to the length of its validity was "downgraded" to an AIC.
Anyway, i also learned that for this kind of preparation, airspace info should be checked at the phone/tablet version, not at the desktop (which I tend to use initially for more complex trips)

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
There should be no difference between airspace info, or AIP info, in the desktop and mobile versions of SkyDemon. They are all using the same code. Could you clarify if you're seeing such a difference? If so, we will of course be happy to look into it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search